Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 464
Points 9,330
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:04 AM

Gini, what browser are wanting or trying to use?

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:05 AM

Jen, I have chrome, but I don't believe the browser is the issue.  

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 464
Points 9,330
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:09 AM

I don't think it is either....have you tried Internet Explorer?.....I don't know what Chrome looks like...but I had trouble with IE and fixed it using the compatibility view setting. I have not had any trouble since.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:21 AM

I was told to switch from IE to chrome.  Again, the problem isn't with the browser, it is a site issue. If the browser were the issue, every post would have the post pending or whatever the warning of the day is.  I only have trouble posting in a couple of threads, not threads,  I can't think what they'd be called. And not every time.

I am allowed two posts, sometimes, after that,  nothing goes through, unless I get really irritated and try reposting  the same post repeatedly, then one might post. I never have trouble on any other site.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:34 AM

Ditto, Gini regarding site problems.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 454
Points 7,250
Julienne replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:49 AM

Gini,

I soo agree with you, It has gotten to where I loved to post when I was first here, now, as the messages come into my email box, if I only get half the message, I don't even go out to the site to see what is going on.

I have lost interest in the groups I was in as the gang just is not gun hoe anymore.

I have hung in because I have made some great friendships I choose not to lose and that is what I take from the group now. I hope that it changes back asap.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 454
Points 7,250
Julienne replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 11:51 AM

gini:

I was told to switch from IE to chrome.  Again, the problem isn't with the browser, it is a site issue. If the browser were the issue, every post would have the post pending or whatever the warning of the day is.  I only have trouble posting in a couple of threads, not threads,  I can't think what they'd be called. And not every time.

I am allowed two posts, sometimes, after that,  nothing goes through, unless I get really irritated and try reposting  the same post repeatedly, then one might post. I never have trouble on any other site.

The only browser I will use is FireFox 24.0 from Mozilla itself. Not the Yahoo version. It is the only way I get the site to work properly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 12:58 PM

I use Firefox and Safari. I'm not impressed with Chrome at all (my main computer is a Mac).

The error messages are generated by QCA not the browser. QCA seems to be limiting the number of posts a person can make. If you don't talk a lot (like some of us do) you probably haven't seen the errors.

I'm in several groups so I'm replying to lots of comments. After two or three I get the errors. It's not easy to go back and click "post" again because I get a "duplicate post" error even though the first one did not go through. The wording of the new composition has to be different for it to work. 

It's really inconvenient to have to rewrite posts over and over. Time of day isn't a factor in this case but I do know there are problems when many members are actively using the site.

There are many social networking sites out there and I haven't heard of people having to switch browsers to get a site to work properly.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 3:35 PM

Give 'em heck, girls!  I'm rooting for you!  Personally, I've given up complaining myself.  Nothing has changed in over a year.  Poor Morgan is now hearing what Mandy had to listen to and who was it before that?  I'm talking with my checkbook now.  I'm officially a non-paid non-premium member, and I won't be sending any money to QCA until this mess is cleaned up.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 3:45 PM

I will say that I am impressed with how efficiently Morgan gets spam removed (at least on weekdays) and how she is responding to each person who writes in about membership cards.  Thanks Morgan!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,190

Part of a days work ;). I enjoy the community that Quilter's Club of America has I don't mind the venting, it is healthy to vent, you can vent to me. I am wanting this new site as bad as you ladies are don't you worry I am on your side. 

QCA Morgan :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,190

Thanks Nancy–I try :) 

QCA Morgan 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,615
Wendy replied on Wed, Oct 9 2013 7:24 PM

I agree with everything Gini has said.

I do not post enough to have the issue that all of you are talking about, but I have seen a great decline in the activity on QCA,  Kind of sad to see those of us that have been here from the start in 2009 getting fed up and not renewing. I have made some great friends on this journey the last 4 almost 5 years. I would hate to see a site issue destroy what we have become.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 717
Points 14,070

I just tried to post pics of my Loyal Union Sampler blocks in that group. I was able to post with no trouble to all but one of them. I get a message that it's pending moderation. I was able to post photos to a couple of the other discussions after getting that message. Somehow it just doesn't like one of my blocks.  :(    

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,882
Points 367,007
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 10 2013 9:09 PM

Carol,

it's because you reached your quota for that session. If you wait a couple minutes between posts it seems to work.

I'm using Firefox tonight and I'm still getting the standard error and the post pending moderation error.

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use