Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 12,600

Judy T-Bellingham:

Thanks for the help ladies. I think I found something that just might please me. I saw a post from Kay looking for the name of a block pattern. It turned out to be on McCalls website, Frolic Variation.  I played around with it and accidentally found a layout that may work with my solids. Here's the block as I modified it with a couple different colorings. Ignore the background in the blocks. This is just playtime.  I tried it out with an on point layout.

Truly, I don't know what I'd do without this group.

Judy, that's so pretty! How soon will you have the quilt done? I'm anxious to see the finished product!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,463
Points 116,620

Carol from Pittsburgh:
Judy, that's so pretty! How soon will you have the quilt done? I'm anxious to see the finished product!

Carol, perhaps after the holidays. I have the fabrics stacked with a printout of the potential pattern but will have to decide on a background. I'll make it 3 across and 4 down. With a couple borders added, that would be 48 x 60. I actually have enough of the solid to make it 4 across and 5 down. I have time to decide.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 12:48 PM

i love the pattern you found.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 2:02 PM

Judy, I love that pattern and especially love your on point layout, this will be an awesome quilt!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,656
Points 37,400
ls2116 replied on Sun, Oct 6 2013 4:52 PM

Judy looks great with all the colors, but keep in mind you could do a sampler as well.  Just a thought.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Judy -- love that pattern.  I like yours better than the one on the McCalls site. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use