Need help finding a pattern for this block

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 15 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
9 Posts
Points 330
Kay posted on Sat, Oct 5 2013 7:15 PM

I found this block somewhere and thought that I could replicate it.  Ha ha, it was not as easy as I thought!  If anyone knows where I can find a pattern, please let me know.

Kay

• | Post Points: 65

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,396 Posts
Points 415,524
Answered (Verified) gini replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:14 PM
Verified by Kay

Kay, it shouldn't be too hard to draft on graph paper

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,780 Posts
Points 30,860
Answered (Verified) Roxana replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 11:11 PM
Verified by Kay

Kay:

I found this block somewhere and thought that I could replicate it.  Ha ha, it was not as easy as I thought!  If anyone knows where I can find a pattern, please let me know.

It looks like a combination of the Pat Speth 5 inch Square elements. You have a 9-grid. In the top row, box 1 has two picket fence units - one dark, and one light. In box 2 of row 1, you have combination unit with a connecting corner. Box 3 of row 1 has the same picket fence units going different directions. In row 2, boxes 1 and 3, you have another combination unit with a connecting corner. The center block is all focal fabric. Row 3 is a repeat of row 1 with the picket fences in different directions.  I don't know what you would call the block. It looks like something I would make up using her units. The units are detailed in her Borders book, Nickel Quilts & Borders  by Pat Speth. 

Her Web site is http://www.patspeth.com/index.html and lots of times, she explains the units in her blog. I hope this helps.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
600 Posts
Points 10,405
Verified by Kay

Kay, so happy you found it  : )

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,568 Posts
Points 118,460
Verified by Kay

That's an interesting pattern. I looked at the McCalls instructions and it actually looks like an easy block to make. Just for grins, I printed it off and may make the block for a potholder.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
252 Posts
Points 3,275

Love these colors.  I just finished redecorating a bedroom into a sewing room using pinks and greens as base colors.  This block takes on a whole new look with more contrasting colors to show off the shapes.  It would make a really pretty quilt. 

Barbara

Barbara

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use