Top 10 Posters

Sweet Dreams Mystery Quilt

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 1,975
WeeOne posted on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:02 AM

I had participated in the Sweet Dreams Mystery Quilt, which was one of the first ones here. I had my blocks but had not finished. All the fabric got wet from the Estes Park Flood and I've had to throw it away. Had to throw away the directions too. Does anyone know if it's still posted on here or how I can get a copy? I don't really have time to hunt the web site right now, still busy cleaning up.

By the way, NEVER assume that if you live on a mountain side that you won't have a flood. We had 3" of water in our lower level, my sewing room and garage/storage areas. We were in Canada and by the time we got back the water was down but the mold had started and it's a mess. Never leave anything on the floor! Not even plastic bags, which is what the project was in.

Lyn

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,537 Posts
Points 47,580
Suggested by Pat Lancaster

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I can't imagine what you are going through. If you go to the home page of QCA and scroll down you will see the Mystery Quilt on the left. If you go to the 4th page you will find "Sweet Dreams".

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,452 Posts
Points 47,765

WeeOne I'm sad the flood ruined so much of your quilting stuff , not to mention everything else.  I hope we will get to see your completed quilt in the near future. I know that all the MQ are on the site I hope you find your pattern.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 1,975

Thanks Pat, I will look there.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
79 Posts
Points 1,975

Thanks Angele. There was only a few yards of fabric that I had to throw out. I try to keep all my fabric in plastic containers. There were a few yards that had not been in plastic containers and will have to be washed to make sure there is no mold spores.

Top 50 Contributor
2,832 Posts
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:27 AM

I can't even imagine what your going through so sorry you have such a mess to deal with.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,401 Posts
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 2:18 AM

sorry you have experienced this.  Our dialysis center is on a hill.   Had a flash flood come though.   Quite a bit of excitement.  My office in the far front corner was the only space without damage. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use