Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170
Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine Posted: Wed, Oct 2 2013 7:54 AM

Well, this has been a heck of a week and it's only Wednesday. I'm running late for work because my hands are hurting so bad I can't even bend my fingers (thank goodness for iPad touch screen). I was at the doctor last Tuesday because I hurt so bad. I can't take NSAIDS and it seems all medications that work for arthritis are NSAIDS. Doctor decided to try physical therapy which I started Monday. But to my disappointment it was only an eval appointment and actual PT doesn't start until Friday (3 sessions only). The PT evaluator told me to get a paraffin spa for hands so I ran over to Walmart and got the $20 spa that actually cost me $40 plus another $20 for paraffin. Sheesh!  I was so tired I just dropped by the time I got home because I'd been running errands all day (my day off).

then DH woke me when he got home from work (1:30 am). The frig had died!  So I got up, vac sealed as much as I could and threw in the freezer, took out a shelf above the crisper, plopped in a 20# bag of ice and thought "what did we do before refrigeration?"  I was wide awake so stayed up until 3:30 am. Got up at 5 am, work by 7 am, field inspection at 9 am, back to office by 10:30, then off to frig shop while DH went bass fishing. Found frig I wanted, came home, waited for DH to bring home truck from bass fishing &$(/@;  DH gets home, has to clean fish and disconnect truck from boat. Finally get to store, pay for frig and get ready to load. DH announces he needs an end cap for dolly wheel before we can move frig (cash & carry $150 off). He knew it needed to be repaired when we bought and moved new top load washer in the spring!  So True Value doesn't have the part to repair the dolly. I had told DH to just rent a dolly from True Value but he had to waste time looking for repair options. Finally he goes over to rent dolly only to find out its free because we purchased a frig from them!!!  Finally get the frig home and DH argues with me on where the dolly should be placed. I say side, he says back. He calls True Value to ask and I don't need to tell you who was right.  Hahaha. Get it in house, leveled, and I return dolly while DH gets a shower and ready for work. 3:12 pm DH finally gone and time to load new frig and clean out old frig and clean up mess in kitchen. 7:30 pm I sit down and pick up hand appliqué. Look at it, decide better not, and sat like a lump in front of "boob tube."  What a night and day and night. 

Now I'm behind on my MQ9, RR, Halloween costumes, etc. I need a mental health day!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:25 AM

Boy Maggie, what a day you had.  I can't take NSAIDs either for my arthritis pain in my hands.  The Doctor has put me on prednisone to control the pain.  Sometimes I have to increase the amount that I take for a few days and then wean myself back down to a baseline amount that usually controls it.  Occasionally, I take a couple of arthritis strength Tylenol if the pain is not too bad.  Hope you find something that works for you.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,854
gini replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:38 AM

What a day you've had, Maggie.   I nope everything goes better for you today.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:06 PM

Wow Maggie.   I'm afraid I would have beaned my DH if he had acted like that.   Hope you have a better day.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 1:58 PM

I agree, Nana.  Someone needs to get his priorities straight.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,860
Jenia replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 2:30 PM

Wow, Maggie, when it rains it pours, doesn't it?

Here's to hoping you have a bit of a drought for a few days while things settle down.  It can only get better, right?

Sometimes quilting can bring you out of the rut; sometimes it's just impossible to get in that zone to even pick it up.  I understand and have those moments too.  Go ahead and take that mental health day, even if it means doing the boob tube thing.  Most importantly is to enjoy each day in some small way.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

Jenia, I took a half mental health day. LOL. DH was driving me crazy so I thought I might as well go to work and feel crappy. I shut my office door and got very little accomplished. 😊 I'm home now, having a cup of coffee, contemplating the paraffin spa that I turned on this morning but didn't use. I should have read the directions. It takes at least 2 hours to melt the paraffin. I think I will wait until 8 and hopefully my hands will feel better when I go to bed. I'll leave it on tonight so if my hands hurt in the morning I'll do it again. 

Nana, I was afraid I might hurt myself when I beaned him so I decided against it. I did mumble a few "nasty" words loud enough for him to hear. I sure enjoy my quiet evenings at home when he works evenings. 😜

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Ah Gee Maggie, I'm sorry  you're having a rough go of it. ((Hugs)) 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

Well, it comes in threes. My DH called around 12:45 pm and said that our beloved Chinese crested had been hit and killed by a car. I balled for hours. I finally came home at 3:30, scrubbed the floors at home, moved furniture, had several margaritas, and balled some more. After four margaritas I took a mop bucket and broom out and scrubbed the road where she had been hit. She was going over to visit the horses in the pasture across the road. 😭 I'm broken hearted. She was a wonderful companion!  This week was definitely a bust !!!!  I got to meet my new neighbors as they drove by me scrubbing the road. I'm sure they thought I was crazy since they didn't know I love my pets like they are my children. Im so sick and I can't seem to pull myself together. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:59 PM

Aw Maggie.  I hope things start improving for you soon.  So sorry for the loss of your pet.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:04 PM

Maggie

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel and wish I could make it better.  Big hug coming your way.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 9:40 PM

Maggie, so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved pet.  My heart hurts for you.  Our pets are surely our family.  Would you care to post a picture of your dog and tell us more about him when you're feeling a little stronger?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,035
Points 13,170

Awww. You gals are so sweet. I'm still crying. I think my new neighbors thought I was crazy, standing in the middle of the road with a mop, bucket and broom cleaning the street in my pjs. I couldn't stand to see it so I had to clean it (after 5 stiff margaritas). My baby got out of the fence and was headed to the horse pasture across the road. She always went there when she escaped. On weekends it was not a worry but on a week day there is a lot of traffic. She didn't have a chance.  I was crazy over her. My other fur babies are so quiet tonight that it is even more upsetting. Just tears and silence. 

This was taken at the drive-in in August. Our babies go everywhere with us. Fluffy is the babe on the left. Since she was hairless (body) she always wore clothes. Yes, she was as sweet as she looks here. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,570
Beth replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:15 PM

Maggie, I'm so sorry to hear about your pet :( , they truly are like family and its tough to have to say goodby..

I also suffer from arthritis, mine tends to move from spot to spot annoying and wiping me out, knees, hips, sometimes a shoulder, or my joints in my foot will hurt...I don't like the NSAIDs either and found that Glucosamine and Chondroitin make me insulin resistant, so now I am taking a good multivitamin, 720 mg of Omega 3 fish oil, and 2000 IU's of vitamin d3.....it is helping, I am still sore, but it is much more tolerable...and most of the time I don't even use the extra strength tylenol or Motrin...those are my last resort....maybe an idea to help ease the pain...

Hope things start to look up for you soon :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,574
Points 51,665
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:25 PM

Aww Maggie, she was so cute.  I know you are hurting.  Remember her fondly.   Ginny

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use