Your opinion, please! SINGER 7258 Stylist

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,548 Posts
Points 46,935
Debbie-do posted on Mon, Sep 30 2013 4:12 PM

My friend just asked my opinion on this machine on Amazon.  It's today's deal of the day.  She doesn't sew much though she may help me make a quilt (not sure if she was serious or not) and will use it for household sewing/mending.  I don't know much about Singers but I know someone out there might be able to help me advise her!  Thank you!!

http://www.amazon.com/7258-Award-Winning-100-Stitch-Computerized-Instructional/dp/B003KK807M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,585 Posts
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:45 PM

I own a couple of Singers but most of them are pretty old, my 1949 Singer Featherweight and a late 70's model Singer I used to make clothes for my children on.  The 1970's one has been a workhorse and I still use it if I need to do some heavy duty sewing....the Featherweight I haven't had very long, but it works like a charm so far.

I've had good luck with Amazon purchases, arrived when scheduled, in great condition, packaged very securely, and when I decided that I had ordered the wrong model of something from what I really wanted, they took it back with no questions.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
436 Posts
Points 7,025

Hi!, I went out and read as many reviews as I could on this machine. It is strictly for sewing with only Nine stitch capability and a few stretch stitches. It is digital and comes with a DVD on how to use it. Amazon is very expensive, you can get it cheaper at many other stores. If you have a Walmart get it there. It said nothing about quilting in anything I read. Just "fantastic seamstress needs"

I would guess if she has has never sewn in her life it is a great machine for 175 give or take on which store you go to. You may get a better machine on sale at JoAnn's for the same price.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use