Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 39 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:17 AM

Debbie, glad your home and recovering; take care and rest so your body can recover!  

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:07 AM

Debbie glad it's over and you're home.  As for MQ9, it'll wait for you to finish so behave yourself and do what the Dr. says and take care.  My prayers are with you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 6:51 PM

Gosh, thanks for the encouraging words from everyone, today It just hurt so bad. I don't think I've ever hurt so bad in my whole life.  but I know it will ge better felling a little helpless and getting frustrated with DH because he doesn't read my mind and know what i want instead I have to ask him for everything.  I'm thinking that machine should win the Nebellest Prize of Eternity -  telling you what someone wants when they are struggling to get it out and you just do it without having to be asked.  The man is so sweet and adorable but hasn't got a clue.  I have to ask for everything even if I just mentioned it 2 seconds ago.  

I love him and hopefully I won't get the strength to kill him before it is all over.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

ROTFL!  Debbie, so glad you are home and want you to know you are still in my thoughts and prayers. 😃

FYI, if you have a DH that has "a clue" you have a rare find.  I think their genes don't allow them to function in that way. That's why we are the nurturers and it really sucks when we are sick because there is no one to nurture us unless our mothers, daughters, or sisters are by our side. I drilled it into my boys when they were growing up and both their wives say they almost hover when they are ill. LOL  They also cook!  My DH is the "microwave king."  Of course my boys have their faults but I did succeed on my pet peeves. 😉

so glad you are feeling well enough to post and let us know how things are going. 

{{{Hugs}}}

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 7:27 AM

Glad you are home Debbie!  Will keep praying for you!  Each day will get better and better.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 4:12 PM

Debbie - I'm glad you are home! Take it easy and take care of yourself.

Zsofia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 1:49 AM

Home but miserable.  Seems I am swollen in both legs, up to my hips and ran a slight fever tonight.  Off we went to ER, where I had chest xRay, blood cultures, EKG, and sonared for blood clots.  have felt nothing but pain today.  All tests came out normal and hope swelling goes dowm soon. Another thing is I'm so dry sometimes can't breathe.  Guess I need to use cPap machine tonight.

Sleep well!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 4:56 AM

I'm sorry that you are having such difficulty, Debbie.  Yes, please use that cpap.  Shouldn't you be using that anyway?  Don't spend long periods just sitting with your legs down. Either walk a bit or lay down frequently.  I kind of remember that the first few days were a little rough.  Be certain to drink enough fluids also.  I know, I know- I sound like your Mother, but we want you back on here fit as a fiddle.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 9:56 AM

Ginny:
Yes, please use that cPaP. 
 Ginny - DH got it out for me and I did use it last night, may have slept a little better but I also took a pain pill before going to bed plus the stuff that gave me in ER.  

they reminded me also to be walking more which causes me to say, "Uh!  keep me feet elevated but walk more, I can't do both, I'll fall down!"   I thought about taking pictures (of course where all you see is the incision) but It's way too ugly to post. - probably break my camera for sure!  LOL  Once I don't have to wear a bandage on them, it will feel better.  I hate bandages!!  Adhesive LOVES me and there are a few spots where the skin pulled right off with the bandages, that sure hurt! 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 10:00 AM

Thank you Zsofia, ya'll are all so sweet!  I don't think I could get thru this without having someone to chat with, ***(shame on me!) to and  someone to left my spirits.  I'm so glad I am part of QCA and have all of ya'll for online friends and next year I get to meet some of you.  Cant wait!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 297
Points 4,555

Debbie, I had hoped to meet you in Texas last year when visiting my brother but was too busy with family. Just saw your posts. Surgery sucks, but every day gets better and better. Hope all goes well from now on. I can't wait to meet you next year at the retreat. Love your smile. Take care. Hugs.

MN Deb

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 11:51 AM

Oh Debbie, I sure know about the tape pulling your skin off.  I think the paper tape is the worst thing ever invented.   Yes, I know all about the don't overdue it, keep your feet elevated and walk more.   You begin to feel like the rubber band man.  do this, do that , go here, go there, no don't do that.   It does get better.  Each day should feel a little better than the day before.  Hang in there girl and hang tough.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,909
Points 40,930
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 12:12 PM

I agree with Ginny paper tape is terrible.  I hope you feel better soon.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,020
Susie replied on Thu, Oct 3 2013 2:06 PM

I'll just add my hugs and wishes for you to get better quickly!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590

Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 2 of 3 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use