Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 140
labloverquilter Posted: Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:45 PM

I live in the 'other' Washington:  Washington state.  Most people think of Seattle, but I'm not associated with that "other" side--we're on the DRY side, up in the northeast corner...

Since we moved here, I took a (unwilling) long break from quilting and it's been driving me crazy!  So come hell or high water, I'm finishing some of the 20 or so quilts that are either in process or in my mind....

• | Post Points: 140
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,295
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:52 PM

Welcome to the club...you will find that everyone here is great. You will soon be addicted to this site and be having fun in no time. Hope you get to finish some of your projects....don't forget to post them...we love to see everyone's work!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:03 PM

Welcome labloverquilter. Welcome to the club. This is a fun place to meet new friends and learn so much.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome labloverquilter. Yes you will love it here. Everyone is so kind and helpful and generous with help and information.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:51 PM

Welcome lablover, you've come to the right place to get the encouragement to finish those quilts.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 9:13 PM

Welcome lablover!  How far are you from Spokane?  I really like visiting that area.  And how many labs do you have?  Good luck getting back to your quilting.  Come chat with us often!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,544
Points 417,019
gini replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 9:21 PM

hi lablover, welcome to the group.   we have several members from the dry side of washington.  how far northeast do you live?   i'm just east of you in sandpoint. 

labloverquilter:
So come hell or high water, I'm finishing some of the 20 or so quilts that are either in process or in my mind..

for goodness sake,  start some of the ones in your head. .   if you're like me you'll forget them before you get around to starting them. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 9:40 PM

Hi Lablover, welcome to QCA!  I see your from KettleFalls - as Gini said there are quite a few of us here that are from Eastern Washington...at least 3 in Okanogan County. I'm sure you will enjoy the friends you make here and consider them family very shortly.  It's a great group...very supportive and helpful.

We've been having an annual QCA retreat in the Northwest the last three years.  The 1st two years it was in Leavenworth and this year (in just two weeks) it will be on the Oregon Coast.  Maybe you will think about joining us sometime.  We have a fantastic time and have members coming from all over the USA.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 1:22 AM

Welcome.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.   I also hope that you will attend one of our Pacific Northwest retreats.  We usually have on every year.   I am anxiously awaiting Oct 10 to be heading to Portland to see the quilt show and then travel on to the coast for retreat.   I love my NW friends even if I have to travel from the Atlantic shore to the Pacific shore to see them.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092

Welcome lablover

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 10:16 AM

Welcome Lablover :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 1 2013 11:46 AM

Hi and welcome LLquilter, nice to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Stopped in to say welcome. Hope you will find inspiration from the wonderful members of this site. There are so many things to do and many helpful notes to keep you on the right road to successful finishing the beauties in your UFO box.

Media gallery  is a great spot to see what others are doing, post your projects when you can. 

With Fall all around us, and the holidays approaching quickly I want to invite you to check out the swap pages. Reading the information in the pages where you will find contributions from members on what the swaps are all about, how to participate and what is expected to have a great swap. Have a fun time and join  in to what all you think will fit into your life. WE LOVE SWAPS. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 12:38 AM

I lablover.  I am one of the other Okanogan folks.  I once lived in Republic and would occasionally head over Sherman Pass to the big city of Colville, going through Kettle Falls on the way.   Beautiful country. 

So what took you to Kettle Falls? 

I do hope you can join us on one of our retreats sometime. 

I am always checking to see if someone from WA has joined, and was glad to see  you are not only from WA, but also on the dry side.  (the good side.)

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,042
Points 369,137
Kris replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 8:18 PM

Welcome Lab lover

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use