This post has 74 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 11:00 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
But you have to enjoy rain! LOL

Judy, what an ***understatement*** this week...ROFLOL,  You must be drowning over there!  We've had enough on the "dry-side" of the mountains to make me think I am back on your side...lol.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Thank you all so much for your comments and help. You have no idea how great it is hear what you all like in LQS. All the input you've all given me is almost just priceless. Julienne, I sent you a PM. Again, thank you all.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 5:15 PM

things I love about my favorite LQS,,,,,

1. Staff is friendly and helpful even knowing what I want sometimes when I am having trouble deciding,

2. They run a discount card for you after you buy a $100 worth of reg price fabric you get $10, (another does buy 12 reg price patterns get one free)

3. They have no problem giving you websites to get free patterns they have used, Sometimes they have them printed,

4. Quilt Club once a month with lots of helpful tips, free project idea, and block of the month to return and draw for the pile  (or how many to make a quilt if enough     join)

5. Classes on variety of things from table runners, quilts, purses, and even machine upkeep.

6.  They have samples and ideas put for variety of the fabrics from floral to brights and juvenile and anything between. And never have a display without having the pattern available.....some need pattern and idea. Even just make samples up showing how some of the fabrics work together like a pillowcase or a little girls dress.

7. Bathroom access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. With the classes or clubs offer snack/food and drinks (water and coffee to tea and soda) but even just bottled water is nice (my pre3fered when at there....less staining or cleanup if accident)

9. Place I can go spend the day and work on a project for either free, donation or fee. She charges $5-10 a day.

10. Never make someone feel beneath you or that they inconvenience you with "stupid" questions

Good Luck!!!!

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:22 PM

Melissa - how exciting for you!! I wish you the very best and I know you will keep those customers coming back for more!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,782
Points 30,900
Roxana replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:15 PM

Rhonnie.... and everyone else .. all wonderful comments for any shop owner! I agree with everyone.We have a small business for golf club repair and though we don't do punch cards, we do a referral card system that works wonders over advertising.

Good luck, Melissa!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Well it is now spring (somewhere). I'm about 2 weeks from opening my shop. One of our investors fell through so I am opening on a very shoestring budget. I'm hope people will understand as this is such a small town. We do have a stop sign though. Hopefully, I can get some pictures posted soon. Thank you all so much for your input and help.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 689
Points 13,375

Congratulations, Melissa, and best of luck! I'm looking forward to your pictures.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 8:28 AM

I'll have to try to stop buy :) when I go down to California...good luck with the shop.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

My dread is to have all my friends here stop into the shop at least once. I know it won't be possible, but a dream is a dream. heehee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Melissa Halpain:
My dread is to have all my friends here stop

I meant DREAM. So did not mean dread. This has to be the worst typo I've ever done.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 10:06 AM

Melissa, good luck with the shop.  Will you be selling online as well?  We could all visit your shop that way and your dream would come true.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 10:26 AM

The things I like about my quilt shop...they are all super friendly.  They know my name, they know what I like...they send me emails when they get new fabric in (batiks for me), they host a free Quilt Club, accommodate meetings for those who work (Nevada is a 24-hour state so people's working hours really vary) with 3 different times for the same meeting  (one weekday, one weekend day and one evening meeting) so all can attend.

They offer discounts to their best customers (I spend about $100 a visit and always get a 10% discount) and I visit frequently.

It is a great shop!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,579
Points 118,650

Melissa Halpain:

Melissa Halpain:
My dread is to have all my friends here stop

I meant DREAM. So did not mean dread. This has to be the worst typo I've ever done.

Funny typo though. I knew what you meant Melissa. I've made some doozies.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Apr 7 2014 8:49 PM

Melissa best wishes for a very successful quilt shop. I hope you get lots of visitors. Will you have a website?

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 18,400

LOL@dread  Some typos are just too funny!  When I use my iPad some really crazy things come out of auto-correct :)

I just wanted to say good luck with the opening of your shop!  

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 2 of 5 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use