Judy T-Bellingham: But you have to enjoy rain! LOL
Judy, what an ***understatement*** this week...ROFLOL, You must be drowning over there! We've had enough on the "dry-side" of the mountains to make me think I am back on your side...lol.
Thank you all so much for your comments and help. You have no idea how great it is hear what you all like in LQS. All the input you've all given me is almost just priceless. Julienne, I sent you a PM. Again, thank you all.
Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting
things I love about my favorite LQS,,,,,
1. Staff is friendly and helpful even knowing what I want sometimes when I am having trouble deciding,
2. They run a discount card for you after you buy a $100 worth of reg price fabric you get $10, (another does buy 12 reg price patterns get one free)
3. They have no problem giving you websites to get free patterns they have used, Sometimes they have them printed,
4. Quilt Club once a month with lots of helpful tips, free project idea, and block of the month to return and draw for the pile (or how many to make a quilt if enough join)
5. Classes on variety of things from table runners, quilts, purses, and even machine upkeep.
6. They have samples and ideas put for variety of the fabrics from floral to brights and juvenile and anything between. And never have a display without having the pattern available.....some need pattern and idea. Even just make samples up showing how some of the fabrics work together like a pillowcase or a little girls dress.
7. Bathroom access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. With the classes or clubs offer snack/food and drinks (water and coffee to tea and soda) but even just bottled water is nice (my pre3fered when at there....less staining or cleanup if accident)
9. Place I can go spend the day and work on a project for either free, donation or fee. She charges $5-10 a day.
10. Never make someone feel beneath you or that they inconvenience you with "stupid" questions
I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?
Melissa - how exciting for you!! I wish you the very best and I know you will keep those customers coming back for more!!
Rhonnie.... and everyone else .. all wonderful comments for any shop owner! I agree with everyone.We have a small business for golf club repair and though we don't do punch cards, we do a referral card system that works wonders over advertising.
Good luck, Melissa!