Top 10 Posters

Anyone working on a double wedding ring or has worked on before?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey Posted: Wed, Sep 18 2013 7:27 PM

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was working on a double wedding ring quilt right now or has done one in the past? I have a customer who wants a double wedding ring twin size quilt completed no set deadline for completion. I have been doing some research on the pattern after I used Eq7 and it seems the two easiest ways is to either use fusible interfacing or paper piecing to complete the design. The Eq7 design with the colors she chose for the quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 8:27 PM

I made one using Quiltmakers fusible, pretty easy

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:14 PM

carey, don't we have a double wedding ring group here?

i've made one, i hand pieced it.  probably not the technique you're thinking of doing

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:16 PM

Double Wedding Ring

try this link

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,418
Points 415,754
gini replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 11:17 PM

crud that isn't a link.   if you go to groups scroll clear to the bottom and click on the heading that is the QCA groups, then scroll down until you find double wedding ring. 

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 8,765
tnmtgrl replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 11:21 AM

Carey:

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was working on a double wedding ring quilt right now or has done one in the past? I have a customer who wants a double wedding ring twin size quilt completed no set deadline for completion. I have been doing some research on the pattern after I used Eq7 and it seems the two easiest ways is to either use fusible interfacing or paper piecing to complete the design. The Eq7 design with the colors she chose for the quilt.

Carey I recently finished one, it was my first attempt and I used the fusible interfacing from Quiltsmart .....compared to other methods it was very easy to use and follow the directions. I actually ended up ordering the book by Eleanor Burns Egg Money Quilts...it has the template and instructions. You can go to Qnntv and type in Double wedding ring to view her video....just look for Eleanor Burns

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 3:42 PM

Thanks guys. :) I will do both. The client doesn't like the scrappy look the rings are all the same color.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 8,765
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 8:30 AM

Carey:

Thanks guys. :) I will do both. The client doesn't like the scrappy look the rings are all the same color.

That's cool....it's even easier when the arcs are all the same color...

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use