New from Denton, TX

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 105
Mommiesmemorie Posted: Tue, Sep 17 2013 3:10 PM

Good afternoon ladies, I am so excited to get on here and start chatting and getting new ideas. I am new to quilting, I bit the bullet and just made my very first quilt top, I was so pleased with the way it came out. I have been looking for quilting instructions on youtube and the best one yet was learning how to nest your seams. I can say that almost all my seams connected perfectly. I did have a couple where i got rushed and did not pay attention.

so looking forward to meeting some great quilters.

hugs and blessings

Denise

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 3:12 PM

hi denise, welcome to the gorup

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 3:51 PM

Hi Denise, welcome to the gang, nice to have you join us, enjoy!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:25 PM

Welcome, Denise, and congratulations on the matching seams!  Have you been watching some of the videos over on the Missouri Star Quilt Company's website?  Jenny Doan does a terrific job.   I see another Texas quilter joined us today, and we have other members from your great state, too, so you all should get together for a sew-in!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,981
Points 368,897
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 4:31 PM

Welcome Denise.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 5:28 PM

Hi Denise, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,224
Points 16,470
Susan replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:03 PM

Welcome, Denise ! Glad to hear you learned about nesting seams early on. Sure wish I had thought earlier to get on the web and find an answer. Jenny Doan is a great  instructor, I learned more from her in a few days then I learned myself in a year! Her site Missouri Star Quilt Company has free tutorials and she also has classes on Craftsy.com of which they have lots of different classes going on. Some of us here have and are taking them, all skill levels and you can watch them forever once you pay for them. Hope you enjoy your time her at QCA!      Susan, North, Florida

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Welcome Denise - You will love it here. I look forward to seeing your first quilt top. I love you tube and Missouri Star quilting company too.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 7:03 AM

Welcome Denise,    We all enjoy sharing our love of quilting.  I recognize Denton.  Lived in Harker Heights when hubby was stationed at Fort Hood.  That was 45 years ago when Killeen only had a population of about 35,000.  Jump right in and enjoy yourself.

Diana in East TN

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 495

Welcome Denise!

I'm new to quilting too and working on my 1st quilt top. Lots of great people here - have fun!

Teresa in Naperville, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:57 PM

Welcome Denise.  One of my former co-workers now lives in Denton, the pictures he posts sure makes me envious.  I'm in the high dessert of Nevada, just east of Reno.  Moved here from Sacramento, CA and I sure miss the trees, but don't miss the traffic congestion and taxes of California.

This is a great group of quilters from all over the country and there seems to be quite a few from Texas, so maybe you'll get a chance to meet some of them.  The members here set up retreats (you can find the retreats in the Groups section), in fact I'm attending one next month in Oregon.

Come back often and be involved, I've made some good friends on here.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 105

I love retreats, I am also a scrapbooker and go on retreats for those twice a year. I will have to see what retreats are going on.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 1:36 AM

Welcome Denise! 

I'm sure you will love it here. There is a great interaction between members so makes getting answers to your questions so easy. It won't matter the question someone will be able to help. There are ladies of all levels of quilting here...this in itself is a learning experience. 

Be sure to check out the videos they are really nice. The other awesome part are the groups there is a lot of variety to choose from. There are tons of instructional videos to watch :-)

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use