Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 7:33 AM

Welcome!  Glad you found us!  You both will love it here!  Please show us your quilts, we LOVE to see them!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 220
karen913 replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 9:12 AM

MNnancy,

No, I don't know about Grubers.   Is is a good quilt store?

I live in Osceola, Wisconsin, so I don't always go through St. Cloud to get to Little Falls.

However, I am alway happy to find another great quilt store.

Thanks,

Karen913

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 19,305

Welcome Karen - You will love it here. Everyone here is so nice, friendly and generous with all their information and help.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:14 AM

Grubers is a HUGE store with quality fabric and many wonderful samples for inspiration.  The other shop not too far from Little Falls is the Randall Creamery Quilt Shop.  It's only a year old, fairly small, but full of charm.  Randall is near Camp Ripley, just north of Little Falls.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:43 AM

Welcome Patty!!!  I LOVE the Sioux Falls area.  Been there a few times and am always impressed by how lovely it is.

MNNancy--A friend of mine wanted me to check out Gruber's online store.  She has a quilting business in Blaine and I spend quite a bit at her place, renting her long arm.  She is also teaching me how to quilt "properly".  Meaning: straight cutting, cutting properly & accurately, straight seams, PRESSING instead of ironing.  I am getting better and she is loving it!  But she wanted me to check it out for something I need.

I need to try to find some MN Twins flannel/fleece for a backing.  The entire top is flannel, so it doesn't seem right to make the backing anything lighter.  Any suggestions?

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,412
Points 62,115
Bonita replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:56 AM

Welcome Karen and Patty.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 495

Welcome Patty!

Teresa in Naperville, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 5:07 PM

Susie:
I need to try to find some MN Twins flannel/fleece for a backing.  The entire top is flannel, so it doesn't seem right to make the backing anything lighter.  Any suggestions?

I don't know if Grubers has MN Twins flannel.  It's worth a try.  JoAnn's might have something, too.  Otherwise, try a Google search for MN Twins flannel sheets.  The Twins own merchandising store has fleece blankets, but I don't know if they would be big enough for you.  Good luck!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 215
Darlene replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 7:04 PM

Welcome Patty!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,479
Points 21,770
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:36 AM

MNnancy:

Susie:

I don't know if Grubers has MN Twins flannel.  It's worth a try.  JoAnn's might have something, too.  Otherwise, try a Google search for MN Twins flannel sheets.  The Twins own merchandising store has fleece blankets, but I don't know if they would be big enough for you.  Good luck!

Thanks, Nancy!  I'll have to check into it this weekend (if I can get my computer to cooperate!)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 786
Points 20,015
Carol replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 10:56 PM

Susie:

Susie, have you tried on line stores like Bear Paw Quilt Co. - they have a lot of themed fabrics (like 20,000 bolts, they say!)  They are on the FabShopHop, and then I found out they are located in my home town!!  Town improved after i've been gone so long! 

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use