Borders Made Easy ????

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
473 Posts
Points 7,440
Joyce posted on Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:14 PM

Hi Ya'll I thought I would be smart and do my borders with the Borders Made Easy Feather pattern.  Well I started but I quickly ran into a problem.  How do you go around those feathers without going over parts of it twice.  I have read the instructions and they aren't too clear.  Not sure if I'm just a dummy here and missing something or tired.  If anyone has used them and has a suggestion I would appreciate. it. 

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,383 Posts
Points 18,975
Verified by Joyce

Hi Joyce - If you are talking about actual quilting, I just took a class on feathers and yes you do go over parts of it twice. I'm not sure what exactly you are asking.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,383 Posts
Points 18,975
Verified by Joyce

Hi Joyce - If you are talking about actual quilting, I just took a class on feathers and yes you do go over parts of it twice. I'm not sure what exactly you are asking.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 40
Top 150 Contributor
Female
473 Posts
Points 7,440
Joyce replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:54 PM

Hi Melissa sorry I didn't explain too clearly.  I am talking about qulting.  I'm working on quilting my borders and have the borders made easy feather patterns that stick on.  If you go over parts of it twice doesn't that make the back of the quilt look bad?  I've been searching on line for a tutorial or video that explains it clearly.

Thanks for answering.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
27,659 Posts
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 8:03 PM

Joyce

Anytime that you quilt feathers there is part of it that you go over twice.  It just makes the quilting stand out a little more.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use