rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 85
Roxanne S Mongillo posted on Fri, Sep 13 2013 10:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have a Singer Creative Touch 1036.  My husband gave it to me 35 years ago. The only thing that I ever

replaced on it was the feed dog rubber in 1990.  I now need to find a replacement part for the bobbin

winder.  I was in the middle of making a double wedding ring quilt for my daughter's wedding when the

bobbin latch broke.  I found  a website that sells replacement parts called  sewingpartsonline.com .

I was hoping that someone might be familiar with this website or at least, recommend another one.

I won't be able to finish the quilt before the wedding, but I am anxious to get my machine in working

order.  If this repair doesn't work, I will have to look for a new machine.  I will think positively and hope

for the best.

Thanks for your help,

Roxanne

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,408 Posts
Points 19,580

You might try Ebay. I found quite a few parts there. Good luck.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
802 Posts
Points 16,040
Sue replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 11:03 AM

HI Roxanne,

That's the same company I used for parts for my featherweight.  Had good results from them and the parts arrived when they said they would.

Hope this helps,

In the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 85

Hi Melissa,

Thanks, if all else fails I'll try Ebay.

Roxanne

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 85

Hi Sue,

This helps very much.  I feel more confident ordering from this company since you had good luck with them.

Thanks again.

Roxanne

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,249 Posts
Points 25,305

I have bought from this site with no problems 

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 85

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the feedback.  I actually put in an order this afternoon.  I can't wait to fix my 

sewing machine and get back to my daughter's wedding quilt.

Thanks again,

Roxanne

Top 150 Contributor
Female
694 Posts
Points 13,215

Roxanne,  my husband orders from them all the time for parts for repairing his Featherweights.  He also orders from a guy in the Dakotas.  That guy has everything and any problems my husband hasn't been able to fix, they work on together over the phone. I will get his website also as he is a great one to know to call for any issue with your machines.  Also, if you have any problems, my husband doesn't mind you calling him and going over things with you on the phone.  He loves working on these machines.  Just friend me and I can send you his cell.  This is what he does in his free time now that he's retired. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Female
5 Posts
Points 85

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for your response and your generous offer of help.  I will keep you and your husband in mind if

we run into any problems.  

With much appreciation,

Roxanne

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use