Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 925
Tamra Posted: Mon, Sep 9 2013 2:07 PM

Well I am celebrating, it was one year ago on August 26th that I started my new found hobby "Quilting" and joined QCA, love it, it is definitely addicting and I have acquired a nice stash collection along with lots of projects that I have organized along with books and videos, cant wait to retire to have more time, but unfortunately that is not in the cards anytime soon.

Tamra

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,121
Points 14,465
Dawn replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 2:28 PM

Hello and Happy Anniversary!!!  :-)  Glad you have stayed w/the club!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Tamra,

Crangratulation on your first anniversary.  I joined about two years ago but am just getting started on doing more on this site.  I am new to quilting and got started because I needed to challenge myself and I feel in love with quilting.  As for retirement, I retired early thinking the same thing and was blessed with a granddaughter who i watch Monday-Friday for about 11 Hours a day while her parents work.  i feel like I have less time know then I did when I worked but I would not change it for the world.  Love every minute.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 6:24 PM

Happy one year of stash building, pattern collecting and quilt making/dreaming. Isn't it fun? I too can't wait to retire. A year for me.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 7:24 PM

Tamra, is the quilt shop, near Moose Hollow, still open up there? I live in Ellijay, Ga., and we go to Murphy every now and then.

Glad you stuck with us. Retirement is good this is true. I am still loving it after 13 years of it!

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

So glad you joined us. I've been quilting for about 2 years and have only completely finished about 5 projects. I am retired and it is too much fun. No grandchildren so my time is all mine when I'm not in the hospital. I was forced into disability "retirement" due to my severe health (heart and lungs). I just want my life back to normal what ever that is. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:42 PM

Welcome Tamra!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 11 2013 9:59 AM

Welcome Tamra

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use