Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:47 AM

I know I haven't been around much. It's been a difficult time. I've struggled with severe depression and now have to have an MRI for my back since my whole left side from belly to toes is numb. Meanwhile, it looks like my dear hubby, Phil, will have to have open heart surgery to replace a valve in his heart. 

This is so difficult to deal with. Without him, I'd be completely lost. He is delaying it due to financial concerns. I've listed our home on Craig's List here and in other cities to try to sell it. I'd live in a cave or tent with him. The heart attack he is headed for is a widow maker. 

Since I have no friends close by, when he has the surgery, I will be alone in the waiting room. I'm so frightened. 

Anyway, I still think of you all often and hope everyone is doing well.

• | Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:02 AM

Mary, I understand you.  The pain and fear you are going through is more than someone can bear  alone.   As far as your husband having to have a valve replaced.   Don't fear that.  If it needs to be done.  I had my aortic valve replaced in 1999 and am still going strong.  If possible, I hope  that they can do it with a minimally invasive approach.  It is much less painful, I understand, than cracking the ribs as they did when I had it done.  The only problem that I have is that they used a mechanical valve and I have to be on Coumadin for the rest of my life.  My brother had his valve replaced 2 years ago and had a pig valve used and never had to be on blood thinners. He has recovered beautifully also.

Is there a possibility that he would qualify for reduced fees?  With all of the things you are going thru financially, there may be that to look into.   

Take care and know that we care and keep the 2 of you in our prayers for guidance to come to you.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 685
Points 10,365

Mary my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. You are not  never alone someone up above will be with you and I will be thinking of you while you go through these troubled times.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:06 AM

Mary, please let us know exactly when the surgery is when it gets set up and we'll be with you in spirit in the waiting room. It's never easy being alone.

I, too, have to fight depression and have found quilting to be one of my very best means of therapy. I can get lost in it and forget my worries.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that your QCA family cares!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:10 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, Mary.  Take comfort in knowing others care for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:22 AM

Mary

If I was closer I would be right there giving you a hug.  You have definitely had the year from hell.  Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Phil.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,547
Points 23,385
Susie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:28 AM

Sending long distance hugs, Mary!  I will keep you and Phil in my prayers!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 606
Points 10,495
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 10:51 AM

Mary where do you live? Maybe someone on here is close by and can come be with you in the waiting room.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,993
Marie replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 12:02 PM

Mary, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Phil.  Please know your quilty friends will be with you when you need us, just think of us and we'll be there holding your hand.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,793
Points 31,045
Roxana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 12:05 PM

zoetc49:

Mary where do you live? Maybe someone on here is close by and can come be with you in the waiting room.

According to her home page, she's close to Knoxville, TN.

Mary, will the surgery be in Knoxville? Maybe the waiting room will have wi-fi and if you have the means, you can chat with us during the surgery. We will be there is spirit though....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 4:47 PM

Mary you have had an awful year.  I hope your DH's surgery goes well.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Mary, you and Phil Are in my prayers.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:00 PM

Mary,  If I am in town when he has the surgery, I will be happy to come sit with you.  Call and leave a message on my voice mail.  All you need to do is ask.  Hugs and prayers are with you.

Diana in East TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:09 PM

I am far away, but my heart is near.  God and your quiltly friends will be with you.  Prayers for you and your hubby.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Sep 9 2013 5:31 PM

Mary, I'm glad to hear from you, but sadden with you news. As I've been reading, many of the quilters here have some experience that may help you. I will pray for the two of you in the hopes that they will have a solution for your depression and that your DH will come through his surgery with flying colours. I wished I was closer so that I could offer you the support you need. For now I will offer it here. You can PM me any time. That's what friends are for.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 65
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use