Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 8:04 AM

Thoughts and prayers for you. Hoping for an eventual end to your pain! Hang in there!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:48 AM

debbie, i hope everything goes well for you and you are back here sewing quickly

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,387
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:22 PM

Debbie:
Please keep me in your prayers.

Debbie,

I know I'm late but you're on my prayer list. I hope all goes well next week and that your recovery is uneventful.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,019
Points 12,865

Debbie, you know we will all keep you in our prayers and I hope this surgery is the answer to your pain. {hugs}

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 7:57 PM

Debbie, will keep you in my prayers and hope your recovery goes smoothly.

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,411
Points 62,095
Bonita replied on Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:10 PM

Debbie,T&P going up for you. Take care.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 12:26 PM

Dear Debbie, Hoping that God leads the hands of your DR. and the surgery is a full success. I am a back pain sufferer from 1966 car accident. at the time, my father was able to stop the cutters from damaging me more. Suffering minor problems over all these years however, I am thankful for what I have, slipped disc and now in my 60's a bit of deterioration from arthritis. I am thinking of you and all the other wonderful people I have met through QCA who have endured pain and suffering so recently. 
I believe that knowing and waiting are a most stressful thing, so be sure to breath and work on some serenity during the next few days. A week goes by quickly, before you know it the recovery will start. 
My prayer for you.  May your thoughts be of happier pain free times ahead. May God Bless you and heal you through your Doctors learned hands. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 357
Points 6,115
Phyllis replied on Fri, Sep 20 2013 1:02 PM

thoughts and prayers  for you keep us updated

Bonner Springs, Kansas

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 8:25 AM

Just an update and need some advice from all those retired.  

Update - went out yesterday by myself, driving, had 3-4 errands and did okay, was tired when I got home but able to finish MQ9 top - just sewing three rows together.  I think I'm ready to go back to work, at least half days next week.  

Just so sad to do so, my boss (whom I have worked with for 17 years and is a good friend) told me yesterday she has decided to retire Dec 31.  I knew her decision was coming, she just turned 65 and she 's been with the system 41 years so I wasn't surprised but am so saddened by it.  There's so many changes coming next year, in our system, I just don't know whether I can handle them all, plus a new boss!  Do to politics and other stuff, I don't think I have a devil's chance in heaven of getting her position and right now, in my life, I don't want the stress. but bad thing will be, I'll get it anyway, because I really think they'll find someone outside the system to be the manager and all the stress will fall on me (as asst manager) till that position is filled and that person learns the ropes.

I'm only 60 so retirement isn't in the cards till Dec 31, 2015. That's my new mantra - the date I retire!  DH is wanting to retire now, he's 62 and thought he could but found out no, he would have to work for 4 more years and the little retirement isn't worth it.  He could still make more working part-time and drawing SS.  Probably be a lot happier, too!   

I grew up in the military and had to say goodbye to so many people in my life, but it's never been easy for me. A priest at a workshop I was at once said everyone has a bucket of tears and for some reason, I got mine and someone else's, a double batch!  I cry at commercials, funerals of people I don't even know.  Wish I could get a job as a funeral crier!

I know part of this is because I'm still healing and some is all this stuff that's going on with ObamaCare and the economy, worrying about my kids and how they will survive; grandchildren coming of age and getting ready to go out into this crazy work world we live in. I've never liked the unknown and have always thanked God that He knew one thing I couldn't handle would be the unknown of a family member missing.  Thank you for letting me express my thoughts here.     

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Debbie I am so glad to hear that you are able to go out alone and drive. I'm hoping that means the pain is going away, if not gone.

I have never seen anyone else state that they are a crier I too have several buckets of tears to use. my Mother told me many years ago that I could just walk in to the funeral home and cry. I do heavy tears at even people I do not know. I cry for their loss and their pain. Now I have my own pain and it is funny how I cry at the silliest moment. Anything can bring on a full blown attack. 
I have always teared up at TV shows , movies, and even sitcoms, watching a kids ball game can be very tearful.  Joy and sadness are all reasons to tear up. BUT I believe now that the tears are needed to bring peace.
 I always cry when saying my Prayers, and people would stare, that has kept me from going to Church.

Debbie wrote: "A priest at a workshop I was at once said everyone has a bucket of tears and for some reason, I got mine and someone else's, a double batch!  I cry at commercials, funerals of people I don't even know.  Wish I could get a job as a funeral crier!"  

Perhaps there is a job out there for me after all. 

Have a Blessed day and don't go back to work until you are truly able to take on that stress. OR find another job that is stress free.
 I hear there are jobs at the recycle plant.. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 8:34 AM

Caryl Anne:
I have never seen anyone else state that they are a crier I too have several buckets of tears to use. my Mother told me many years ago that I could just walk in to the funeral home and cry. I do heavy tears at even people I do not know. I cry for their loss and their pain. Now I have my own pain and it is funny how I cry at the silliest moment. Anything can bring on a full blown attack. 
I have always teared up at TV shows , movies, and even sitcoms, watching a kids ball game can be very tearful.  Joy and sadness are all reasons to tear up. BUT I believe now that the tears are needed to bring peace.

Caryl Anne - Something my Dad told me a long time ago - when Pres Kennedy was killed I was 10 years old and we lived in Bermuda at the time (Dad was Air Force.) I remember so distinctly watching the funeral on tv and little John John saluting his father's casket did me in and I left the room to cry. Dad saw me and he said, "Don't ever be afraid to cry in public. It's not anything to be ashamed about."  That has always stuck with me, but sometimes I do hide because I know others won't understand (they'll ask questions and I can't explain why I'm crying, I don't kinow!) or worse, they'll think me weak.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use