Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,486
Points 21,970
Susie Posted: Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:42 AM

I get a daily deal email for my kindle.  Today, you can get JD Robb's Midnight in Death FREE through Amazon's Kindle store.  I don't generally read her mystery stuff, but I do love Nora Roberts!
Just thought I would share this one since she's a pretty popular author.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:49 AM

Thanks for posting this Susie, I did not know you could get a daily deal for Kindle books. Will have to find out how to get that.

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,486
Points 21,970
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:19 AM

Bev--I have two email things I subscribe to. 

One is Bookbub.com--but they aren't all free, and you can customize what genres you want to see.

Two is IndieHeart:  http://www.indieheart.com/free-kindle-ebooks/

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005

I have the special deal but don't use it.

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:15 AM

Susie

I love the JD Robb books.  They are really good mysteries with a lot of romance thrown in.  I am always checking for the free deals with my kindle.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 3:58 PM

I use Book Bub all the time and have discovered some authors I had never read before that I'll keep on reading now....love mysteries, especially with a little romance thrown in...love Lee Child and the "Jack Reacher" books.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 6:07 PM

Karla

I love the Jack Reacher books too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:06 PM

Karla:
love Lee Child and the "Jack Reacher" books

A new one was released yesterday, I think.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:30 PM

i am currently reading: 

bedroom book,  Unbroken by laura hillenbrand, about WWII survivor in the japanese POW camp

car book, The Disappearing spoon, by sam kean, about the periodic table of the elements

ipad travel/hospital/stuck somewhere books,  The Red Queen by matt ridley , about the evolution of s*x

on the ipad ready to read:  Creation, by adam rutherford  about how science is reinventing life

The Power of Habit, charles duhigg

Ru, kim thuy  a biography of a woman born during the tet offensive. 

Cooked, Michael pollard.  i love his books

Bunch of Amatuers. jack hitt  

just finished in the past few months: Do You Believe in Magic? paul offit, about alternative medicine.   interesting read.

Going Clear lawrence wright, about the church of scientology  i found it very interesting andf just got another book about a young                                                                          woman raised in the church

Matterhorn, by karl marlantes  very good read, a vingette of the vietnam war. 

Big Burn  timothy egan, about the huge fire that burned northern idaho eastern washington and western montana. in telling                                                                                          about the fire, it covers the founding and early history of our forest service

Horseshoe Crabs and Velvet Worms, by richard fortey  about living dinosaurs

and i have more stacks of books i need to get to,  it's a wonder i get any quilting done. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:39 PM

one of the more interesting fantasy books i've read in a while. interesting and well written, is the night circus.  i really liked this book.   i reread dune every decade, i am due again, now that i have reached another decade.  and  i love c j cherryh's sci fi books

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:41 PM

MNnancy:

Karla:
love Lee Child and the "Jack Reacher" books

A new one was released yesterday, I think.  

I'm pretty sure I had it pre-ordered...haven't checked the Kindle yet to see if it downloaded.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:44 PM

i just finished gulp by mary roach, too.  i love her books.  this one is about the alimentary canal.  very fitting, as i was reading it when dad was having his colon issues and extraction.  excision?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,838
Points 352,722
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 11:56 PM

gini:
one of the more interesting fantasy books i've read in a while. interesting and well written, is the night circus.  i really liked this book.

That was pretty good. Different.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,179
gini replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 12:22 AM

wendy belongs to the powells book of the month club.   they send a lot of good books,  the last one though, it was a bit above me.  familiar by j. lennon  it didn't have an ending and i hate books like that.  it's like they have a good idea for a book, write it, then don't know what to do and just stop without an ending.   that ought to be against the law.  

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 7:29 AM

gini:
The Disappearing spoon, by sam kean, about the periodic table of the elements

Didn't they just discover a new element?  The book may need a revision now.

gini:
Matterhorn, by karl marlantes  very good read, a vingette of the vietnam war

Randy thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Impressed by the diversity of your reading, Gini!  No wonder you're so smart!  And yes, it's amazing that you are both a prolific reader and quilter.  Wish I could accomplish half of what you do.  

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use