Top 10 Posters

VIRTUAL QUILT SHOW NOW TIME TO VOTE

Page 6 of 12 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 172 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Yes Frances. I forgot to include the name and that is the name of the quilt pattern. I'm a ditz so that is why I leave most of the information off my posts then I have to go back and correct everything I post. teehee

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:13 PM

Joan,  Sooooo beautiful!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,453
Points 24,175
Debbie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 12:33 AM

Debbie:

This is my tesstilating pinwheel quilt, I made it in a class at the local high school back in early 2000s.  The instructor gave us a tool to make this, looked like a square ruler, lot like Lil Twister tool but was for 6" squares.  what I liked it the was no waste, you used everything you cut, just had to keep it all straight, cuz it would be so easy to get it mixed up.  I have made several different items with this tool, but alas, in our last move I lost it!  bad thing, it was homemade so haven't been able to find another exactly like it.  it's very scrappy, all fabric I had on had.  It's almost a 64" square. 

since someone else said it but I don't recall who, I'll tell the truth.  the light blue border that's around the outside of the pinwheels, before the orange border and then also the binding.  That was an old futon bed cover that the zipper broke on and the fabric was so nice I couldn't bear to throw it away, so I cut it up and used it in several different quilts.  I t was nice QS quality fabric and I liked it so I re-purposed it. I may still have some scraps laying around somewhere in my stash.  I made this one back in 2006-07 time frame but it's nice to cuddle up with on the couch and just has a muslin backing and a lady at church hand quilted around the pinwheels.

That's the rest of the story... 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 9:17 AM

Thank you, Francis and Donna, My first at designing and quilting a whole cloth, so don't look too close.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 869
Points 14,795
Candis replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:05 AM

Oh what fun, I have enjoyed seeing everyone's quilts very much! This is one of my favorites. It's a pattern by Judy Martin. I used all batiks.  I love autumn colors so rich and colorful!

MODESTO, CA.
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:13 AM

Debbie, I love the colors in your quilt and now will picture you all snuggled up in it.

Maria, I also love the colors of Fall, not to crazy about what follows though. lol

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:32 AM

I wasn't going to post a picture for this virtual quilt show because after all who wants to follow such beautiful and artistic quilts when you are new at quilting. This thread did make me want to take a picture of all my finished quilts so I decided to share my very first quilt. I wanted my first quilt to look like it was made out of necessity from scraps (which it does). I also hand quilted it which I love doing. 

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 593
Points 10,265
zoetc49 replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 1:58 PM

Erin,

I love your heart quilt. You also made it the way people used to make them, with what they loved and had on hand. I just might copy this to make minus your Mom's sheets. : )

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 2:02 PM

Bev,

Its great it reminds me of mystery quilt 7.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 2:13 PM

Frances, thank you so much for starting this VQS!  The quilts have taken my breath away, what beauty!  When I get home from sitting Teddy, my grandpuppy, I will add one of mine.

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 3:26 PM

Frances,

It does look like the MQ 7 but this was from the first pattern I bought called Yellow Brick Road.  I did finish the MQ 7 quilt though. 

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 3:36 PM

All of the quilts are so beautiful.  They sure do a good job of keeping me inspired to do more intricate or difficult quilts.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 16,270
Zsofia replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 5:15 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Zsofia:

reat idea Francess! Here is one if my favorites:

Zsofia

Zofia, it's beautiful but I don't know how you can pick a favorite from your quilts; they are all so awesome.

Judy - you are too kind! I have to say I love this one because i picked all the fabrics from my stash, they came from different collections. And I just finished retreading Paula Nadelsterns Kaleidoscope book ( I just can't get over her work all those beautiful kaleidoscopes made with dozens of different fabrics... One day I will make one it's on my bucket list LOL) I remembered I had a half panel left from her collection. The rest is "history" I set down cut up the panel pulled the fabrics what would go with it and paper pieced the center. and loved every minute of it...

Zsofia

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 487
Points 9,205
Darlene replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 5:49 PM

My doesn't compare to all the beautiful quilts I have seen .I make a lot of masculine quilts as we have 8 boys and they are just not into fussy ones.I also spell a lot of my words using the proper spelling  as I am Canadian.lol

Darlene(2manyhorses)

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,687
Points 66,025
Bonita replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 5:56 PM

I sure have enjoyed seeing all the new quilts and and revisiting the ones already shared. All beautiful. Here's a MQ that I finished and gave to DGDs teacher. It's the only one on the computer the rest are on a flash drive and I haven't gotten around to putting them back .

Page 6 of 12 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use