Top 10 Posters

VIRTUAL QUILT SHOW NOW TIME TO VOTE

Page 4 of 12 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 172 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:11 AM

Mimi:

Jacy,  Your quilt has always amazed me.  What a wonderful optical beauty.  I was wondering if you had used Evelyn Sloppy's pattern "Entwined" and then made it your own with the borders?  I was paging through some books for ideas on some wedding quilts I have to make and saw something similar to this in her 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts. If so did you use 14 shades of aqua for the background?  Thanks.

Thanks Mimi.

Yes that was the pattern and I added the piano key border to make it a little bigger. Not sure of the exact number of aqua fabrics. I think it called for 1/2 yd of each and some of mine were FQ's so I think I had a few more than she called for, or maybe I used more of the ones I had extra of. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

Debbie, I love your pinwheel quilt. I have the Twist and Stitch pinwheel tool by June Tailor. It says it will do blocks from 3" to 10". I may have to put this near the top of my quilts to make from my scraps (which are threatening to bury me).

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:36 AM

MNnancy:

For those who haven't seen Donna's before, be sure to notice the amazing embroidered details!  Try zooming in!

Thank you Nancy!  Not my newest either, but it is my favorite.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:43 AM

These all are all such beautiful quilt.  But what would you expect as the favorites of amazing quilters!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,048
Points 369,207
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 12:26 PM

Frances:
As for my spelling im a brit, its you whose spelling is wrong because you sailed across there and then forgot your spelling. Me and Kris spell things exactly right (kris come on stick up for us).

Well, I've been spelling this way my whole life. It's really hard to change now. It just doesn't look right any other way. Most of my family spells like this. 

While in college an instructor once pinned a note to one of my papers in regards to my spelling, "This is America; join us won't you." LOL

I have lost/dropped a lot of British-isms since coming here though.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 649
Points 16,405
Zsofia replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 12:46 PM

Great idea Francess! Here is one if my favorites:

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 110

I made this quilt for my first grandson.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

Zsofia:

reat idea Francess! Here is one if my favorites:

Zsofia

Zofia, it's beautiful but I don't know how you can pick a favorite from your quilts; they are all so awesome.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 110

I can't figure out how to make the image smaller so you can see the whole quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 12:57 PM

These are all so beautiful.  How do we pick on, Frances?

Quick story about the spelling differences.  Way back when...during middle school, I had to write a paper and kept spelling a word as "theatre".  The teacher kept counting it wrong.  I finally got so upset about it that I took in the dictionary and proved that, although it wasn't conventional, it also wasn't incorrect.  She had a tough time grading my papers after that.  There are a few other words that I use the "english" spelling for, but blame it on my beloved great-uncle who helped me learn to spell from his opera/classical music and crossword puzzles!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:17 PM

Susie,

Yep theatre is one and colour is another, its okay Nancy's just trying to turn me into an American, it wont work British through and through. Ah well it gives her something to do helping a hopeless cause.

As for picking the winner wait until the 14th  and then after that PM me your favourite i will count them all up (using fingers and toes where necessary) and then a week after the 14th i will announce the winner ask them for there address so i can post there wonderful Mystery prize (well wonderful might be an over exageration)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:19 PM

Zsofia,

Its so beautiful, i can see why its a favourite.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:21 PM

Dawn,

Sorry i dont know how to make the image smaller either, if Kris is about and sees this she may know how, she seems to be the font of all computer knowledge on here.  In any case i love your quilt and i bet your grandson does as well.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

This is still a UFO but my favorite top by far.  The hearts (colored fabrics) are scraps I had and some that Barbara sent me when I first started quilting and the white pieces are from a set of bed sheets that were my mothers.   I know people will cringe when they read that I used sheets instead of high quality quilt shop fabric but to me, using the sheets means every time I wrap up in it, it will be like a hug from my mother......large queen size- 66" X 84"   "Hugs from Mom"...

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Thu, Sep 5 2013 1:44 PM

Joyce I have that kit to make the quilt for DB and DSIL

I loved it from the beginning but it took me a while to get it all.

your turned out great!

Joyce Lilie:

Tanks. The name of the quilt is Bella Verona. 

Angèle  from NWO

Page 4 of 12 (173 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use