This post has 172 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:53 PM

Frances--your quilt looks so cuddly! 

Kris--what a wonderful tribute :)

Nana--your points are terrific.  But the MC is NOT on my bucket list.

Karla--I did one LC and would love to do another.  Your color choice and placement is great.

JudyT--gorgeous as always.  Do you even have any ugly quilts? lol

Melody--yours would be a quilt to fight over with all the girls in my house.

I have to share a quick story about the wolf quilt.  I had been using it, like I said, for about 6 months.  I kept telling everyone that it was mine, so that it didn't disappear.  When my brother opened it, he showed it off and put it back in the bag I wrapped it in.  My oldest granddaughter, Lexi, grabbed the bag and brought it over to me, telling me very loudly, "Here is your quilt Granny.  Uncle Sam saw it so you can have it back now."  The entire room burst out laughing and I had the devil of a time trying to explain it to her that although I had been using it, I really did make it for him and it was his present.  She still thought it should have come back home with us.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,538
Points 23,145
Susie replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:54 PM

Lesley--Is that made with that twist something ruler?  I keep wondering if it's worth it to spend the money on buying it or not.  Love the brilliant purple!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:59 PM

Susie its called the Twister and Lil twister. I was really nervous about doing the first cut but once I got started it was quite easy. Wastes a lot of fabric though!!

xx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 2:39 PM

This was my favorite one. Because I combined different techniques and artistry into it. I used fabric markers to write on the paper pieced hearts of each block. Fabric panel in the middle and candy heart fabric squares for the rest of the quilt top.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,057
Points 13,695
Carey replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 2:44 PM

Lol they are all lovely n fun to look at it was just fun to enter one of my quilts in something that doesn't have a lot of rules with it. Good luck all. That wolf and the mariners compass blew me away very lovely ladies i think one of you two will prob win so far.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765

The quilt that makes my heart sing the most is Mistral.  PennyWyo and I worked together on it.   We worked cross-country to make this gift for a dear lady who is very special to both of us.  There was tons of love put into every snip and stitch along the way.  I put the top together and Penny did the quilting.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 7:28 PM

Debbie, this is absolutely beautiful!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:34 PM

Joyce

Beautiful quilt.  Love the colors.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 6,960
Mz M replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:38 PM

Joyce your quilt is beautiful!!!! love the colors and the pattern! What's the name of the pattern?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:46 PM

Thanks to Eileen in Chicago for helping me cut my first stack-n-whack at the 2011 Iowa retreat.  I gave the finished quilt to my nephew as a wedding gift.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:16 PM

What a bunch of beautiful quilts everyone has made. Debbie your horse one reminded me of the moose one I made, I loved that one. But I already struggled to choose which one to post, so i'm not changing my mind.

Here's one I made for my DD, somehow the best ones are always the ones you give away!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 461
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:29 PM

My favorite.  Made for Me. Basket weave of Memories

You can see it in my gallery

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

Tanks. The name of the quilt is Bella Verona. 

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

Heres the link to the Bella Verona quilt.  http://www.wingandaprayerdesign.com/BV-2012-BOM.htm

Page 2 of 12 (173 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use