Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285
Joyce Lilie Posted: Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:20 PM

Hello everyone.   I'm from Cleveland, Oh.  This is my first time using the message boards so be patience with me if I'm not doing this correctly.  I've been quilting since 2007 when my first quilt was made for a co-worker who was retiring and I added family pictures to the quilt using fat quarters.  I had no idea what I was doing but she loved it and I was hooked.   

I have a question?  I took a magazine to the quilt store on Saturday to buy fabric to make a quilt shown in the magazine, I don't know what happened to the magazine or even what the name of the magazine was, but the quilt was in black and white and each block had a lime green center square.  If anyone can look through their magazines and finds it, please let me know what the magazine name is so I can purchase another copy of it.  I know this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack, but it's worth a shot.  Thanks everyone.  

Joyce

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

Welcome Joyce. You will love it here. I have only been quilting for a short time so I was wondering if your magazine is an older one or a more current issue. I have quite a few magazines but none older than 2 years.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:31 PM

Joyce Lilie:
This is my first time using the message boards so be patience with me if I'm not doing this correctly.

Welcome Joyce!  I think your first post looks perfect.

A scavenger hunt... I like it!  Well, not enough to page through all my old magazines, but I did do a Google Image search for "quilt black and white and lime green."  What a lot of cute quilts that produced.  Anything look familiar?

Google images

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

Hi Melissa.  Thanks for replying. The magazine is a newer one, probably from spring through summer.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

Hi.  Tis magazine is a newer one, from spring through summer.  I did the google search on black white lime green quilts but didn't see it. Plenty of cute ones though.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:37 PM

Then I went to flickr...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

I found one on Flickr that was close but not the same. 

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 9:52 PM

hi joyce welcome to the group.   if we can't locate the magazine, there are a lot of patterns that could be adapted to the color scheme, for instance a log cabin would look very cool . 

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

I found it on google - someone made it and is selling it on Etsy.  I just need the pattern.  https://www.google.com/search?q=black+white+and+lime+green+quilt&client=safari&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YZ4mUqKtIMTDsASrroC4CA&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C9%3Bd%7CKQhUJDwJ9ty2-M%3A

thanks

joyce

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 15
Points 285

Your right I could find another pattern but I did find the one I was looking for on google.  https://www.google.com/search?q=black+white+and+lime+green+quilt&client=safari&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YZ4mUqKtIMTDsASrroC4CA&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C9%3Bd%7CKQhUJDwJ9ty2-M%3A

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

I'm still not sure what one you are looking at. If you can, could you add a picture?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,107
Points 410,874
gini replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:02 PM

which image is it?  i get a whole page of quilts.   if you can post the quilt, we can figure out the pattern. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:02 PM

I'll bet it's this one...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:03 PM

~duplicate post

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

Is this the one?

• | Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use