Top 10 Posters

What is on your list of UFO's?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 28 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
585 Posts
Points 10,135
zoetc49 posted on Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:22 PM

Cindy's list got me to thinking that many of us have UFO's. So what's on your list?

Mine: fabric for :

1) a Christmas quilt pattern I saw in F&P

2) a bed quilt I want for me, it's a large contrasting pattern.

3) some wall hangings for Christmas, started them, not sure if I will complete.

4) quilt for a friend, it's cut out, just needs to get to step 2, 3, 4..lol

5) wall hanging for relative , i bought online, just need to quilt it.

6) Two Dallas Cowboy quilts wall hanging.

7) Pillow case ( new project)

8) Gypsy bag ( new project)

9) several table runners, same design for different people

10) pot holders 

That is all I can think of right now. Hey, but now I have the list and it does not seem so bad.

So, again what is on YOUR list? 

• | Post Points: 95

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
805 Posts
Points 12,389

Well I guess everyone will either love or hate me. I do not have any UFO's. Won't let myself start a new one until the last one is finished. I must be the only one of my kind. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
111 Posts
Points 2,565

Joan L.:

Well I guess everyone will either love or hate me. I do not have any UFO's. Won't let myself start a new one until the last one is finished. I must be the only one of my kind. 

Joan - LOL - I started off that way and it worked great for a while. Suddenly, I have now started piecing more projects than I can finish!! I wish I could refrain form starting another project before the last one is finished.

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 2:13 PM

Joan L.:
I do not have any UFO's. Won't let myself start a new one until the last one is finished. I must be the only one of my kind. 

Yes, I think there are very few of your kind. I have much admiration for your willpower, but my brain has a hard time understanding it.

I'm of the common kind, many UFO's, quilts in progress, many many ideas and quilts on my mental to-do list. My sewing room is generally in disarray, piles and pieces of various projects scattered everywhere. When one project is becoming boring or tedious I can switch to a different one.

Sometimes I make lists of my UFO's, but I generally loose the list before too long. I think I'm up there with Gini on the numbers. Often when I am searching for something I will come across a project I had forgotten about, but as I pull it out I get excited about it again make some more progress on it, or maybe even FINISH it (that does happen occasionally!)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
585 Posts
Points 10,135

Joan,

We admire you !!!   : )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,403 Posts
Points 361,167
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:31 PM

Frances:
1 EPP group quilt (although we are working on this so not sure if this counts as UFO)

Not a UFO if you're still working on it or haven't started it. It's a WIP (work in progress).

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 6:47 PM

Don't forget, we have the UFO group and the 2013 challenge still continues.  Complete a quilt top, or complete the quilting and binding to enter the monthly raffle.  Details on definition of UFO and size requirement is posted in the UFO group.   So far Jacy has completed more than anyone else. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
508 Posts
Points 7,980
Joyce replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 8:00 PM

Crazy question, what is UFO I get the unfinished part but what it the O?  I know it is probably simple.  I tried to find the quilting explanations  but can't find it tonight.  

I have a ton of unfinished projects I counted 12 quilts to be quilted most of them sandwiched and quilted.  I'm currently working on one I started in 1999 JoAnne quilt block of the month.  I'm doing it for a Christmas gift.  All these are queen size except 1 baby.  I have several kits & wall hangings I want to do.  Need to quilt 1 more for Christmas and sandwich & quilt another around the world for my DGD#1 for Christmas then need to plan and start 2 for the last DGC for next year.  I need to live and be healthy for a long time. ha

Joyce

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,809 Posts
Points 43,669
Eileen replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:12 PM

Not sure I even want to think about everything I have to finish but here's a partial list of UFOs/WIPs:

Mystery quilt #? (used a jelly roll) - needs to be quilted & bound

Black & white blocks from parent's friend - add borders & quilt and bind it

"Crazy" lap quilt - bind it

Farm fabric quilt - sew rows together, quilt & bind

T-shirt quilt # 1 - finish ironing stabilizer onto last few shirts, sew on sashing, arrange, sew, quilt & bind

T-shirt quilt # 2 - finish cutting up shirts, stabilize, etc., etc.

I also have bandanas for a quilt for my nephew (T-shirt quilts are for two of DH's nephews) and I expect shirts from another nephew. I also have to pick a two-fabric pattern for one of DH's nieces. 

I am behind mostly because my sewing room was disassembled due to a remodeling project & that looks like its only a few weeks from being done. My DH may not see me for a while once my sewing room is back together! Hmmm... maybe I need to add a mini fridge, microwave & bed (if I plan to sleep) to my sewing space! LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 10:50 PM

UFO is unfinished object.  someone else has another, better term, but I forget what that was. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,661 Posts
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:18 PM

Patti:

UFO is unfinished object.  someone else has another, better term, but I forget what that was. 

PhD  project half done

You could brag about how many PhD's you have!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,395 Posts
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:22 PM

Yes, that's it.  I like PhD much better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,583 Posts
Points 75,665
Karla replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:34 PM

I like PhD better too...but I think I saw someone say UFO was an Unfinished Fabric Object.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
461 Posts
Points 9,665
Flojo replied on Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:34 PM

PhD or UFO, I have a few.

1 a quilt top I made for my son before he started kindergarten 45 years ago.  It was never quilted.  It is zig-zag applique of cowboys on a bucking horse.   I never quilted it because I didn't have any frames.  I put it away and forgot it.  I now realize the cowboys are all backwards!  I've been thinking about it lately, trying to  decide what to do with it. 

2 Fabric and shirts set aside for a quilt to replace the one I buried my husband with.

3 bandannas my stepdaughter gave me to make a quilt.  She thought her dad would like one made of them.

4 An experiment in an "art quilt" wall hanging put on hold to make quilts for family members and never got back to.  BTW, it  is made of $1 a yard fabric from wal mart, very poor quality fabric and probably 100% polyester woven.  Best to let it lye like the sleeping dog it is!

Other than the two tops I've just finnished and waiting for my roll of batting to come in, that is it.  I have several orphan blocks left from other projects, but those don't count do they?

Top 150 Contributor
585 Posts
Points 10,135

Jacy I love your idea on PhD, then our projects won't seem all that bad....lol

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use