Farm Animals and Such #2

Page 1 of 8 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 117 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,995
QCA Admin Posted: Wed, Aug 28 2013 9:25 AM

The thread Farm Animals and Such was getting too long. Please continue your conversation here. 

Thanks,

QCA Mandy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

I'll break in the new thread.

Our girls are getting along so great. For those of you who didn't read about it on Facebook. We adopted another Corgi mix. We've had Sophie for 2-1/2 weeks. She's now about 9 months old and came to us from Puerto Rico. Her immigration papers say she arrived on June 29th to the rescue organization in Oak Harbor here in Washington State. She was found huddled under a car, starving, scared and dehydrated. Poor little girl. After a month of  isolation she was cleared for the flight.  She then spent over 2 months at the foster home being spayed, immunized and treated for heart worm.

We saw her posted on petfinder.com and just had to give her a home. At first she was quiet, shy and not a normal lively puppy. But, oh my, how that has changed in a short time. She is little miss personality. Happy, active, affectionate. She gets along great with Corki and even our cat, Riley, tolerates her antics.

The little red dog is Sophie, the new kid on the block.  She is learning to go potty outside. Once that is accomplished we will have a Naturalization ceremony for her and she'll become an American doggy citizen. Corki is now 7 years old and a special needs Corgi mix dog with one failing kidney.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:21 AM

She's a real beauty, Judy.  Our newest addition is a handful.  It didn't take her long to acclimate and take things over from Kaci.  Kaci still has her toys that she won't let Bailey touch, but Bailey has taken over the big dog pillow in the living room and Kaci has pretty much given that up.  Feeding time is more of a problem, Kaci is a grazer and walks by and takes a few bites here and there, Bailey cleans it all up at one time.  I have to stand in the kitchen and keep Bailey away from Kaci's food, and then when Kaci eats her handful or two, put Kaci's bowl up out of the way or Bailey will empty it too.

Bailey has learned to jump the back fence by getting up on the little flat bed trailer (the one for our ATV) and jump over.  Right now when we're not outside, we have to keep her in the front fence or the kennel.  Today we are going to try to find a place to move the trailer away from the fence.  We only have 3 foot fences, and we may have to go to the expense of having a 6 foot fence in the back.  I guess that big open field in back is just too much of a temptation for her.  She does come back when called, however, we have one neighbor who cusses her and kicks at her when she wanders to their yard.  No one in the neighborhood likes these particular neighbors as the woman is on meds for being bi-polar and when she's off her meds, she is a terror.  She actually called the cops on us for spraying our weeds along the fence with Round-Up...said we were trying to kill her cats.  She feeds about 25 feral cats and believe me they multiply quickly.  

Anyway, Bailey is doing well and the grandkids just love her.

Glad to hear that Sophie is doing good and getting along with Corki and Riley.  It's such a good feeling to rescue an animal in need, isn't it.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Oh dear, this video is just waaayy too funny.  George and I watched it over and over. It was a great way to start our day.

Pets

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:30 AM

Judy

Both Corki and Sophie are so pretty.  Love those little faces.   You are looking really pretty too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:32 AM

Karla

It sounds like Bailey is a handful.   Maybe she will calm down with age....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:36 AM

Judy

Thanks for the link.   Those were just too funny.  Loved the bulldog.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Karla:

Karla:
 Feeding time is more of a problem, Kaci is a grazer and walks by and takes a few bites here and there, Bailey cleans it all up at one time

Anyway, Bailey is doing well and the grandkids just love her. Glad to hear that Sophie is doing good and getting along with Corki and Riley.  It's such a good feeling to rescue an animal in need, isn't it.

Since Corki is on a special homemade diet low in protein etc, we feed the dogs separately. Sophie's dish is put on the back porch. Both dogs gobble their food then switch places, inside and out, to check the others' bowl.

Putting in a new fence sounds pricey Karla. Perhaps you could just fence off a portion to contain Bailey?

Corki has brought so much to our lives and now Sophie is enriching it even more.

Karla, while at the Oregon retreat, we'll have to take our "virtual" dogs for a walk on the beach.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Karla:

Karla:
 Feeding time is more of a problem, Kaci is a grazer and walks by and takes a few bites here and there, Bailey cleans it all up at one time

Anyway, Bailey is doing well and the grandkids just love her. Glad to hear that Sophie is doing good and getting along with Corki and Riley.  It's such a good feeling to rescue an animal in need, isn't it.

Since Corki is on a special homemade diet low in protein etc, we feed the dogs separately. Sophie's dish is put on the back porch. Both dogs gobble their food then switch places, inside and out, to check the others' bowl.

Putting in a new fence sounds pricey Karla. Perhaps you could just fence off a portion to contain Bailey?

Corki has brought so much to our lives and now Sophie is enriching it even more.

Karla, while at the Oregon retreat, we'll have to take our "virtual" dogs for a walk on the beach.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:40 AM

That sounds like a plan, Judy.  I love walks on the beach and I bet our virtual dogs will too.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Nana:

Judy

Both Corki and Sophie are so pretty.  Love those little faces.   You are looking really pretty too.

Thanks Nana. I notice I'm listed third! ROFLOL

(i hope this one posts, it keeps going t the moderator and then not showing up)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,086
Points 16,660
weezee56 replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:28 AM

Judy, Sophie looks like a great addition to your family.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:52 AM

Judy

Any pic with animals the animals take first place....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,135
Jacy replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 1:31 PM

Judy, those are sweet dogs.

Here's a photo that will make Carolyn excited, it made my 4 yr old pretty excited too. A first egg from our chickens, alongside a regular store bought egg, their first eggs are always so cute because they are so small.

Our chicken's are only 19 weeks old. We have 8, 4 different breeds, some of them won't start laying still for a while I think. I'm pretty sure the egg came from this center chicken with the big red comb and wattles.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 1:37 PM

Jacy, those pictures sure bring back nice memories from my childhood. I always loved gathering eggs.

Judy, what sweet faces on your pets!

from TN

Page 1 of 8 (118 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use