Top 10 Posters

coming from Ireland to san francisco for long visit.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 65
peig27 Posted: Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:28 PM

Hi. I am an advanced beginner and have happily belonged to a weekly group where I live in Dublin, Ireland. I have recently lost a son to Brain cancer and my quilting friends were my strength. I am going to san Fran to visit my older children and would like to be involved in a class or group, even a friend would be good to share some quilt time with. Any suggestions or ideas. I will have to depend on public transport.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 1:42 PM

I'm not from that area, so I can't recommend anything local, but if your children will let you use their computers, I can highly recommend the online Craftsy classes.  There are so many quilting topics, and the price is quite reasonable.  On the other hand, if your goal is to meet people in San Franscisco, then obviously this would not be the path to take.  We are a friendly bunch here, so feel free to come chat with us often!

Welcome to QCA!  Let us know when you hit our shores!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:42 PM

Peig

I am not from the San Fran area but wanted to offer my condolences for you loss.  I can not even imagine going thru something like that.  I hope you will continue to chat with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:17 AM

Hi peig, welcome to QCA.  I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son.

how long and when are you in SF?   There is a most wonderful quilt show in October just south of SF.  I'll go look it up for you

http://www.quiltfest.com/activities.asp?id=7.    I highly recommend this show at the Santa Clara convention center if you are there during is time.   Surely they must have buses going that you could get a ride on..

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 1:19 AM

http://s36.a2zinc.net/clients/SVC/techcon2012/Public/Content.aspx?ID=222

here is some info on public transport.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:46 AM

Welcome peig27, so sorry for your loss.  I lost a beautiful daughter 4 1/2 years ago when her lung cancer traveled to the brain so I know what you are going through.  Prayers and hugs coming your way.  Enjoy your stay with your children in San Fran.  I'm sure there are quilt shops and groups you could find in the area you are staying.  Google the town and quilt shops, also have your children search for you.   Like the girls said, we'll be here for you so post often.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use