Top 10 Posters

What to do with charm packs and layer cake?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
15 Posts
Points 455
Latasha posted on Sat, Aug 24 2013 6:41 PM

Hello Fellow Quilters!

I have five halloween theme charm packs and one halloween theme layer cake. What pattern can I use to make a quilt out of these pre-cuts? Thanks in advance!

• | Post Points: 80

All Replies

Top 50 Contributor
2,576 Posts
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 7:31 PM

I've been wondering the same thing.  I know I've seen a pattern book at joann's but forgot the name of the book.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
151 Posts
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 7:56 PM

ladixenia:

Hello Fellow Quilters!

I have five halloween theme charm packs and one halloween theme layer cake. What pattern can I use to make a quilt out of these pre-cuts? Thanks in advance!

Have you checked out Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Company ?  She has lots of YouTube videos showing how to use those pre-cuts, and if you go to her store web site she has patterns too... but the youtube videos are free, before you know it you will have watched several :)  

This one uses layer cakes and charm packs 

hth

Sandy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,379 Posts
Points 24,090
Answered (Not Verified) Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 24 2013 7:59 PM
Suggested by Roxana

ladixenia:

Hello Fellow Quilters!

There are several, several books on what to do with charm packs. Also. google "charm pack patterns" and "layer cake patterns" and I think you will find quite a few patterns that are free. Quick table runners come to mind immediately. Martingale has several ebooks using charms at a reasonable price as well.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,383 Posts
Points 19,080

I made a bag from the tutorial from Missouri Quilt Co. I made it in an afternoon. I'll post a picture when I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
151 Posts
Points 3,005
Sandy replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 12:01 PM

ladixenia:
e charm packs and one halloween theme layer cake. What pattern can I use to make a quilt out of these pre-cuts?

I also like the Moda Bake shop web site

you can go right to the section marked 'bakery' and you can choose which precuts you have to make something with :)  

Sandy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,110 Posts
Points 110,300

Sandy:

I also like the Moda Bake shop web siteyou can go right to the section marked 'bakery' and you can choose which precuts you have to make something with :)  

Thanks for the link Sandy. I've been on the site before but had forgotten about it. Under their scrap bag patterns there is a cute pillow made from selvages.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 5

I have seen similar from Etsy, they offer the package but pattern are just ordinary, I am thinking to try some new unique patterns.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use