Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 550
Dani Posted: Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:32 PM

I'm Dani (Danielle) Fox, and I'm still pretty new to quilting, have only made about 6-7 quilts thus far. (quilt tops really because up until last week I didnt have a machine capable of machine quilting!) However, i'm hooked, whenever I have time, I love to sew. I have taken a beginning quilting class, and that has helped me so much in learning the right techniques and some tricks to the trade, but I joined to learn from those who are more experianced than I am. I'm only 25 years old, so I dont fit the typical "quilter demographic", and I dont have many friends I can really talk to about quilt ideas, concerns, any questions I have, etc.

Quilting puts me in my happy place. I'm not sure why but i've always been drawn to quilts. The colors, patterns, textures...it all draws me in. I feel like it is the most unique art form and medium of expression. I look forward to learning from all of you, and sharing all the new projects I am working on =) (As well as seeing yours!!) I'm very open to feedback!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 3:42 PM

Welcome Dani, you will love it here.  We love to see younger quilters get hooked.  Check out groups above and browse through to see what you may like and join in.  This is a very friendly, knowledgeable, caring group and I know you will enjoy them.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 5:41 PM

Dani

Welcome to the site.  Hope you drop in and chat with us frequently.  I have always wanted to visit your part of the country.  The pics are gorgeous.  It is great seeing younger people getting involved with quilting.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:01 PM

Dani:
 and I dont have many friends I can really talk to about quilt ideas, concerns, any questions I have, etc.

Well, you've got some now...but don't feel alone, I don't have any quilters around me that I know, except the ladies at the Quilt Shop.  I spent 2 hours there today, just talking (oh, but I didn't walk out empty handed either, they love to see this fabriholic coming).  You'll like this site, everyone is very friendly and helpful and very anxious to get others hooked on quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:33 PM

Hi dani, you are in a good spot here.   We are delighted to talk with everyone about quilting.  There are a lot of things happening here that are fun to get involved with.  We have lots of different groups to join.   If you don't see a group that you are interested,if you get enough interest, you can start another group.   I hope you join us chatting about our projects and lives.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,907
Kris replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 6:58 PM

Welcome Dani,

Happy you could join us. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:13 PM

Dani, welcome to the club,  you will love this wonderful group of ladies and sometimes gents ,we are  great group .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 7:31 PM

Welcome Dani,  you will have to ignore Gini, I don't have a clue what she was trying to call you ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Dani - Welcome. Where bouts in Colorado are you. My husband is from Ft. Collins. Hope to see some of you quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 8:05 PM

gini:
Hind ani, you are in a good spot here.

hmmmm Gini.....using the ipad again????

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 550
Dani replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:16 PM

Hi Melissa!
I actually live in the town of Wellington, just 10 miles north of Fort Collins. My husband is an engineering student at CSU, so I'm very familior with that area. What a small world!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 550
Dani replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 9:18 PM

Thank you All for such a warm welcome! It's exciting to have a nice group of ladies to talk to with the same interests =).
I am also a Fabriholic, and spend many many hours in the local quilt shops lol. I look forward to sharing lots of stories and projects with you all =)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 10:45 AM

Dani

I am a fabriholic, notionaholic, quiltaholic and lots of other aholics.....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 11:06 AM

Welcome Dani!  This club is so inspirational and there are some true artists on board here.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Aug 23 2013 11:23 AM

Nana:

Dani

I am a fabriholic, notionaholic, quiltaholic and lots of other aholics.....LOL>

and it seems,  a smart a** aholic, and yes i was on my ipad, i don't know how to turn off the autospell

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use