Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready for Mystery Quilt 9?

Page 16 of 22 (330 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 329 Replies | 59 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,110
Points 110,300

Pat Lancaster:
I am going to be sitting on the bench with you.

I'm watching from the sidelines. I love Nana's MQ's but gotta draw the line in the sand somewhere.

I may change my mine, been known to happen.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:49 PM

Patti:
I have decided to opt out of this one.   I was only going to give myself permission if I could find the fabrics in my stash.  I didn't, so I will take this as a sign that I should work on my multiple current projects and UFOs

That was the same conclusion I reached this afternoon.  I had some nice prints to make a Christmas quilt, but the 3 1/4 yards of a light background was the requirement that did me in, and I've vowed not to buy any more fabric until the Oregon retreat.  I'll save the weekly MQ steps for future consideration and keep plugging away at all my other sewing projects, half of which are not quilts due to the church's holiday bazaar coming up in November.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 9:29 PM

I bought 3 yards of a background fabric at one of the Shop Hop stops yesterday, but I was dismayed when I looked this morning and it said 3-1/4 yards; but unless there is something else that needs to be cut from this in addition to the cuts already mentioned, 3 yards was exactly enough.  I got the 84 3-1/2" squares and the 210 3-7/8" (I actually cut them at 4") and exactly a 1" strip was left over.  So right now, all of my background pieces are cut.  (I even had 21 2-1/2" pieces to add to my box of 2-1/2" squares.  Maybe the shop added an inch or two when they cut it, they're not all accurate cutters, but I think they do this so they can be sure not to short you any fabric.

Anyway, I had enough fabric to get it cut...I've hit 3 shops and have all the fabric for this MQ, accept borders and backing.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 758
Points 11,375
weezee56 replied on Fri, Sep 6 2013 11:29 PM

How do you like your, Go?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 8:02 AM

Nancy

You can do it with 3yds.   When I did the fabric requirements I added a little extra in case there was a screw up in my math.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895

Hi, well I got the fancy new HST triangle ruler. Cant wait to use it. I went shopping at the LQS, found some material I liked but decided to sleep on it. or wait til more was know on how the material reads. I have seen it posted a couple of times but not answered. I couldnt sign on yesterday. Then I could but it wont let me post on the questions for step one. It tells me access denied. Anyone else having a problem or is it just me? I was able to post on cw posts and here (of course)

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:31 AM

When you go to MQ9, look on the right side and it will say "Join Group".  Once you do this, you shouldn't have any problems posting your questions.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895

Thanks Karla. I guess I thought I was but I guess not. Maybe when it wouldnt let me sign in yesterday to the site, it got lost????? all good now. back to ironing and getting MQ8 ready for sandwiching, then maybe a little fabric shopping

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:06 AM

No problem, Tami, you have to join for each new MQ, so you have to join again even though you were joined for MQ8.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 11:50 AM

Tami

As long as there is a big contrast between your background and the other 2 fabrics you will be fine.   I do  recommend that you not use large prints.   My fabric #1 and #2 are very close in value.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 12:20 PM

OK, I've finished cutting all of the MQ9 pieces this morning...now I'll work on the Round Robin.  I think I finally decided on the border, hope it does the center block justice.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 79
Points 1,975
WeeOne replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 1:54 PM

I'm on the sidelines, too. I did one of the first mystery quilts and it was fun. I'm still in Canada, fishing, until next week. So, I don't even know if I have stuff in my stash at house in Colorado.

I do have a problem that I hope someone can answer. I don't want to get all the posts here emailed to me, but they are. What is it suppose to say at the top of this page, email me or don't email me. Thought I'd tried both but still coming. Help, please.

Lyn

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 438
Points 8,370
Jan replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 3:13 PM

Lyn ,      Stop e mailing me should work but you may need to go to each topic to stop all of them.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:06 PM

Karla:
I bought 3 yards of a background fabric at one of the Shop Hop stops yesterday, but I was dismayed when I looked this morning and it said 3-1/4 yards

My issue is not the extra quarter yard.  I don't have even three yards of a background that goes nicely with the Christmas prints I picked out.  I would have to shop, and right now I'm restricting my purchases.  I'll have fun watching and cheering, though!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

So glad to know I won't be alone on the sidelines.  Looks like there will be a good sized cheering squad for those who are joining in on MQ9.  

I would really like to participate, but house painting is taking first priority for the next few months. And when I went to the eye doctor last week he said he can't correct the double vision in my right eye until I have surgery.  In the meantime, what little sewing I'm doing is stuff that doesn't have to be precise...thank goodness for wonky logs and uneven strips!  And I can do hexies by hand if I close my right eye.

I'll be cheering ya'll on from the bench!

Max

Page 16 of 22 (330 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use