Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready for Mystery Quilt 9?

Page 10 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 341 Replies | 62 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:57 PM

EVERYONE

The group has been opened for general discussion.   Please come over to the group and join up.   Everything is ready for the first step to post on Friday

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Are you sure, Nana?  Can you link to the group?  From what I can see, it's not showing up where the rest of the MQ Groups are... They still stop at 8 (at least when I check).

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Keep me in the loop

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 31,995
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 2:43 PM

Nana, I still only get Mystery Club 8. Would MQ9 be posted somewhere else? Thanks!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 2:54 PM

Gee, I can't find it either...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Okay - I am new to quilting - what the heck is a mystery quilt anyway? Is it a quilt that you just get a few instructions for at a time and you don't know what it will look like when it is finished???? Enlighten me, friends!

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:33 PM

Roxana:

Susie, any idea when the machine will be back? It seems like it has been gone a long time! 

Also, what color scheme were you thinking? Blue and what else? I too am trying to whittle down my stash.

wELL.....it would come back faster if I could get it in to the shop.  However, I have to figure out how to get it to one of the shops close to me, without having it sit there for a couple weeks.  Most of the shops near me only have someone come in once a month--maybe twice.  And the once that does it on site, I won't go into for personal reasons.  So...I need to find a place that I can take it, on my time table.  Life has just gotten in the way.  But since I can straight stitch, I'm ok for now.

As far as the color scheme goes...I think I have a good supply of a green/blue batik that may work well for a medium. And I have plenty of blue for the dark.  Not sure what I have for the light, though.  I may end up changing and using some fabric that I bought a good supply of, not sure what I was going to do with it, but fell in love with.  It's 3 fabrics, even--a light, dark & medium.  The more I think about it, that's most likely what I'm going to use. 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:46 PM

Linda,

You are correct. A MQ is one that you do not know what it will be until it is done - and if you guess - you can not tell and spoil it for all the others.

Last I saw Nana said there would probably be 5-6 steps.  We get the fabric needs and cutting directions - a little time to take care of that - and then once a week posts. 

Hope you join - or at least follow.  I may not be able to keep up with so much else to do, but I will follow.

deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,836
Points 31,995
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 3:52 PM

Well, I guess you are right about getting it in the shop! But how long have you been without it even being there?! LOL!

I hadn't thought about using my batiks. I'll be gone Friday when she gives the cutting but I'll be back on Saturday.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 119
Points 2,225

Nana - I am interested in possibly joining this mystery quilt voyage. It sounds intriguing. However - I will be at Quilt Expo on the 6th and will not have internet access to find out the fabric requirements. They have many gorgeous fabrics at Expo and I would really like to shop for the fabric there.

Is there any way that you will be posting the requirements before 6 a m central time? That is when we are leaving to drive to Expo. :-) 

Linda Gless - Hartford, WI

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:35 PM

Roxana--I think it's only been just over a week.  Last time it needed service, I was without it for SIX WEEKS!  Of course, it's a very old machine, so finding someone that could work on it was a challenge.  I may end up going to the place down the street from work, even though I really hate to give them any business at all.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 4:35 PM

Nope, 3 1/2 hours after Nana's posting and I still don't see the new group.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535

Nancy, don't new groups usually show up the next day or after the powers that be approve them?

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,134
Points 17,485

Nana:
Please come over to the group and join up. 

Sorry Nana, I can't find it. Help.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 158
Points 2,720

I am new and am ready to start having some fun!

Brenda

Quilt, have fun, spend less time worrying if it is perfect.

Page 10 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use