Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready for Mystery Quilt 9?

Page 9 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 341 Replies | 62 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40

Thank you, Nancy!

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 185

OOOH  Fun.  I am just now quilting MQ8, but I'm looking forward to this!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565

I really like the name of the new mystery quilt.  May just bag MQ8 the colors I picked are not singing to me I cut it out but never really start.  So may just go in my scraps bin.  The name Tranquilty makes me think of pretty blues and greens so we will see what the fabric requirements will be :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 7:55 PM

Rosemary

I will post the quilt top size without borders.  Also new steps are posted each Friday and this one should have maybe 6 steps.  I haven't finished writing all the steps yet so I am not 100% sure of the exact number.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:05 PM

Guys

I seriously considered calling this one Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds....can you tell I am a 60s girl...LOL>    Decided it may be pushing the envelope a little so settled on Tranquility.   And I did use blue and green and cream as I designed mine.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 290

And I'm another one who seems not to have finished #8!!!!!!!      And hello from Australia!.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 290

Me too (from Australia)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,380
Debi replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 12:02 AM

Looking forward to mq9.  I have done every one since number 4.  Can't wait to start...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 12:21 AM

I really enjoyed MQ7 &MQ8, I'll be ready to get started on this one too.  Even though I'm working on 3 quilts for my DGS's.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 100

I am ready to get started, new some inspiration after family visiting most of the summer, and distracting me from sewing

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

Nana:

Guys

I seriously considered calling this one Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds....can you tell I am a 60s girl...LOL>    Decided it may be pushing the envelope a little so settled on Tranquility.   And I did use blue and green and cream as I designed mine. 

Well, coming from another 60's girl, I think your first choice of names is delightful!  And blues, greens, and cream sound absolutely wonderful, especially since they are my favourite colours.  But since I'm trying to get out of my colour comfort zone, I might go with something else this time just to shake things up. 

And looking at the number of posts many of the folks have who are wanting to join, we are picking up quite a few mystery newbies.  Wonderful!  This will only be my second as I passed over MQ8 since I didn't want to handle all those small pieces after struggling with Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery (which is still only half-done <sigh>).

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 25
Sandy replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:10 AM

I am looking forward to MQ9.  I've never done a mystery quilt with QCA before, sounds like fun.  

Sandy, Tampa, FL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 11:12 AM

Looking forward to another mystery quilt!  But I haven't even finished the last one.  I was working road construction all summer and haven't been in my sewing room for months.  Hoping to complete it sometime over the winter...between all the other UFO's!  LOL!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,582
Points 24,020
Susie replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:02 PM

Nana:

Guys

Nana--very funny!  Based on the name, that's the color scheme I was thinking!  I know I have plenty of blue...but not sure what else I have in any kind of quantity.  Not much that is over 1 yard.  I've been trying really hard to use my stash instead of spending money I don't have on fabric.  I have been really good about only buying what I need for a planned project.  But maybe I can scavenge through what I have set aside and use that...we shall see, once the requirements are posted on Friday!

WOOHOO!!!  I sooo can't wait!  (Of course, it would be soooo much better if my machine was fixed first, but at least the one I am using can do straight stitches.)

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,660
Roxana replied on Tue, Sep 3 2013 12:34 PM

Susie, any idea when the machine will be back? It seems like it has been gone a long time! 

Also, what color scheme were you thinking? Blue and what else? I too am trying to whittle down my stash.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 9 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use