Top 10 Posters

Are You Ready for Mystery Quilt 9?

Page 7 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 341 Replies | 62 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 7:51 AM

I broke my collarbone about a month ago and a couple days ago we sold our house so I will be not be doing much sewing but I will save all the clues to do later.  I love these mysteries and hate to miss one.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 165
Mary replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:05 AM

Ready for this one.  Didn't even attempt 8 lol.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 1,100
Jo replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:29 AM

I am looking forward to MQ9.  Sure glad to hear no small pieces in this one.  I have completed # 6 and only need to quilt # 8.  I really need to post the pictures they both turned out nice. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:47 AM

I'm ready Nana, just hope I can see better by the 6th.  Have a Happy Holiday weekend and just get some R & R, while I go take a nap!

Kathy

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:10 AM

Elaine Phillips:
I think I may need to make a spread sheet to keep track of all the projects starting up this fall: appliqué group project, MQ9, Royal Union Sampler, is there more?

Elaine,

I have created 3 lists on my computer  #1 is all my UFO's, for knitting and quilting. #2  All the projects I have bought fabrics and yarn for but haven't started. #3 Other projects I want to make that I haven't even bought stuff for yet.

This seems extreme, but it helps my brain compartmentalize my past, present and future projects.

But then again, I am a bit OCD 

I will probably be adding MQ9 to the list....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:19 AM

Yes I do have to work four days...hihihi. And I promised to make book bags for the grade one class for Tuesday.  Too wet today to weed or go in the garden so I will make those bags.  Only five more sleeps...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:26 AM

Angele:
Too wet today to weed

Wet is good!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 6,130
Helen replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 9:35 AM

I am excited to starting MQ9!!!  Going to mark my calendar now!!

BTW my SIL loves her MQ8.  With the binding sewn on it all ties in together beautifully!  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,690
Points 120,810

Annie:
I have created 3 lists on my computer

I have to laugh at this Annie. You ARE a teacher, math right? So it figures. But I like your computerized list, the organization appeals to me. I should do something similar. I just don't know if it would help me stay focused on one project. I keep starting new ones.

I was at the quilt shop yesterday for a demo and ended up getting fabric with the free pattern for yet another quilt. I stayed up last night cutting out the pieces.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 530

I have MQ8 cut out but no sewing on it yet.  I am going to join in on MQ9 and try to do better and finish it.  

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:09 AM

Nana:

Donna

Great tutorial.  I wish she had told us the size of the blocks she cut from the strips.  The one nice thing about the Cozy Quilt ruler is that the line you place on the seam is the size of the square you want to end up with.  I can see how using any ruler is great if you aren't going for a particular size of square when you cut.    I guess if you play with it enough you could figure out what size you need your strips.

This will give you the sizes you need to make the strips to make your tubes.  It is on page 2 of the PDF. I would say once you have this you could use the "regular" ruler directions from Missouri Quilt.

http://www.cozyquilt.com/PDFs/STRBonusGuide.pdf

I still have to put the borders on my MQ8.  Do not know if I will get to do this one, but I will keep watching

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 145
Claja99 replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:13 AM

I am fairly new to quilting and have several quilt tops ready or almost ready to quilt, but am hung up on the actual quilting of them.  I think I have Fear Of Quilting (FOQ) disease, LOL!  I got snake bit by the Stipple Rattler when I had to tear out all the quilting of three different projects due to birds nests and pulled top threads.  Since then I've invested in a custom bobbin case for my Jenome which should help with that, and am about to purchase those little washer thingys that go in the bobbin case under the bobbin in the hope that a cure will manifest itself.  In the meantime, I've simply stopped stippling; I use straight stitch in the ditch, or echo stitching, instead.

Anyhow, I've never done a Mystery Quilt and am a bit trepidatious.  What if I finish the quilt and it turns out to be a design I don't like?  Ah, then I just give it away, I suppose; which would be no big deal, since I give them all away, anyway.  Guess that means I've nothing left to lose by trying the Mystery Quilt.  Right?

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 145
Claja99 replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:21 AM

I'm still learning the lingo: What's a BOM?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

That's a "block of the month". The one I had a hard time figuring out was WOF = "width of fabric". heehee There is a page on the QCA threads or help, I can't remember exactly what, but it has a lot of the lingo/slang shortcuts we use.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 10:42 AM

BOM is for Block of the Month. You can get a kit if you are doing it with a shop or guild for that month's block or you just get the directions.  They are good to learn new techniques.  I have signed up for - but still have to do - the free ones on Craftsy. 

The acronym that always get me is LQS - local quilt shop.  Always have to stop and think on that one. 

Page 7 of 23 (342 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use