Page 3 of 22 (330 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 329 Replies | 59 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 1:02 PM

I'm working like mad to get some of my projects finished so I'll be able to start this and stay up with the group.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:26 PM

Nana ,I may give this a try since I'm home bound for awhile  I co have some cute fabric I want to use. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 2:34 PM

I was sorting through some fabric the other day, and found some that actually go together quite well.  Hoping I can use them in this MQ.   Ha, if I want to do that, I better get busy and work on the wedding quilt.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

I think I may need to make a spread sheet to keep track of all the projects starting up this fall: appliqué group project, MQ9, Royal Union Sampler, is there more?

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Oh good!  I'm in again.  Although I will be away that date on my very first quilting retreat, so will get a late start.  Nana, will you be posting fabric requirements ahead of time?  We are doing a mini shop hop on the retreat, and since our LQS has closed, that will be a good time for me to purchase fabric.  Not that I need an excuse.... <grin>

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:32 AM

I'm in again.  I think I can pull any fabrics needed from my stash.  I keep trying to avoid quilt shops but someone keeps taking me into them.  LOL.  Still need to layer and quilt MQ8.

Diana in East TN

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 7:52 AM

This looks like fun. How "big" generally are the Mystery Quilts?

I have accumulated quite a stash over the last 5 years and could probably due it from stash alone!! Might be a great way to use up stash or even do a QoV.

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 528
Points 10,820

OK, you all talked me into it!  I haven't even finished MQ7 yet. It still has to be quilted. But, hey, isn't that just part of the whole quilting thing, to establish a nice collection of UFOs?  

eparys:

Eparys, in the Groups are all the previous MQs if you want  to take a look at them for sizes.

Whatever this pattern is for MQ 9, I plan on using fabrics from my stash. Well, that's the plan, anyway.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 8:52 AM

Carol from Pittsburgh:

OK, you all talked me into it!  I haven't even finished MQ7 yet. It still has to be quilted. But, hey, isn't that just part of the whole quilting thing, to establish a nice collection of UFOs?  

eparys:

Eparys, in the Groups are all the previous MQs if you want  to take a look at them for sizes.

Whatever this pattern is for MQ 9, I plan on using fabrics from my stash. Well, that's the plan, anyway.

That's my plan also, only stash fabric, but I never stick to that.  It does work better on MQ's though, since I can't picture what it's going to look like anyway.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 31,930

Nana,

Can you cheat just a little and tell me if there will be any HST in the MQ9?    That will be the deciding factor for me if I'll try to participate.  Thank you!

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:37 AM

Karla> if that is true about the UFO's I am becoming quite the quilter lol.

So, another MQ. I will have to see (ya right). I could really use stash or/and scrap  busting if that works out to be a opportunity. 

I getting MQ8 close to done. still have some bordering to sew on. I am really happy with it so far. Then quilt it. I still need to quilt scrap happy one from last summer. oh boy, just dawned on me all the UFO's. That is okay as long as they dont have to be finished up to fit those 6 footers I gave birth too. For me that is the hard part, (and fun) adapting them to a larger quilt with out it looking like a bad add on. I have some great plans for quilting the scrap happy from last summer. Actually have the thread, ect. Have some other small ones but no big deal. My big sissy been bugging me for a quilt. maybe MQ9 got her name all over it.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:42 AM

Max

Sorry but yes there are HSTs.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:51 AM

Elaine Phillips:

I think I may need to make a spread sheet to keep track of all the projects starting up this fall: appliqué group project, MQ9, Royal Union Sampler, is there more?

LOL .... When you get it set up, you might share a template with the QCA Community! We could almost have our own thread on what we are doing when, due dates, etc! ... Just kidding about the thread... but the template, now that's an idea. I think there are several of us in the same boat as you are, Elaine. I don't have the appliqué group project but I do have fabric swaps!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,392
Points 24,230
Roxana replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 10:53 AM

Brigit-Carol:

Oh good!  I'm in again.  Although I will be away that date on my very first quilting retreat, so will get a late start.  ....

I'll be attending a small retreat close to here those days also so I'll get a late start too. I'm hoping we have more time to cut and gather fabric like we did in MQ8. .... Using stash fabric might make DH happy but then just my being happy does that for him also. I've got a JEWEL for a hubby!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,486
Points 21,985
Susie replied on Tue, Aug 27 2013 11:00 AM

Oh my...talking about lists...I have one on a little wipe off board next to my lamp.  I don't seem to be erasing any, though...just adding to the list!

I have 5 that are ready for the long arm machine, but that entails a trip back home to MN so I can get them done.  A friend owns her own LA business and allows me to rent her machine.  Personally, the thing terrifies me.  I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the piecing.  But I can't afford for her to do all of them for me.  I have a trip planned in a couple of weeks to head back.  I need to make sure she is home so I can pop in for a day to quilt.  Not sure how many I will be able to get done, but I'm going to try to shoot for 2. 

But I am definitely IN on the MQ.  I could use a little bit of mystery in my life.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 3 of 22 (330 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use