Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 111
Points 2,565
eparys replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 12:49 PM

Gini - great directions. You are correct all the borders will have the same angle.

While sitting in a BOM this morning, (OK so I should add here I taught Alg and Geom - lol - and I was very bored this morning), I sat with a ruler and graph paper - playing with the angles. I assume that the corner block in the quilt center is "on point". So, starting with that, what I came up with (with having only one cup of coffee and being at the LQS at 8AM) it was going to be an  "odd" angle - actually about  22.5 degrees  not 45 degrees. 

No matter what angle it is, however,  Gini's directions should get you there without any difficulty. 

Betty 

A quilt will warm the heart.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 100
Ellie 32 replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 3:31 PM

WOW!!!!  I want to thank all of you quilters that came to my rescue.  I ended up making the corners just like Gini described in her reply and they turned out great!!!!!  I will get my backing on and have it quilted and when I get it back I will post pictures of it.  I am so very happy with the way it has turned out.  For coping it from a Facebook picture, I think I hit the nail on the head.  All your help made it happen.  Thanks again.  Until later.......Ellie

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,775
Nana replied on Wed, Aug 21 2013 5:29 PM

Ellie

I am glad that everything worked out for you.  Anxiously awaiting pics.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,689
Points 419,259
gini replied on Thu, Aug 22 2013 2:36 AM

I'm so glad you were able to follow those lengthy directions.  I do all my mitres this way,  I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use