Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 335
Debbi Posted: Tue, Aug 6 2013 3:13 PM

Hi my name is Debbi. I am an avid slave to crafts of all kinds, I honestly think I work to afford my craft habit. I love to knit, which I learned at the age of 5, and then came sewing, which I learned from my mom at 10. But I didn't really enjoy laying out patterns because I always had to do it crawling on the floor and keeping cats from walking or worse lying down in the middle of the my work. I also liked shopping in Wal-mart and one day saw a really cute Fall panel and thought that would be fun to make. It was and it looked great in my new house. But during that time my Singer was finally showing its age and it was time to get a new machine. Mom let me borrow her old Bernina and I loved it. So I went down to the Bernina dealer which happened to be in a quilt shop. The things I saw that day just blew my mind up with possible projects and I was hooked. I bought a Bernina 440 QE and later the embroidery attachment. Since then my poor knitting hasn't been getting much attention but my fabric stash is now just as great as my yarn stash. With multi media being the rage I am now trying to figure out how to marry the two. Ideas?

Debbi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 4:26 PM

Debbi

Welcome.   Hope you enjoy your time with us.   We would love to see pics of your projects.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,391
Points 19,270

Hi Debbi - So glad you're here. I got a chance to see your quilts you put on the gallery. They are just beautiful. I am from Roseville. Now I live in Georgetown. You are the first person from this area I have found on here. Welcome. You will love it here.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 5:31 PM

Hi Debbie, welcome to the group.   You can marry your love ad fabric and yarn easily by making art quilts.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 8:43 PM

Welcome Debbi, glad to have you with us. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 335
Debbi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:02 PM

Thank you for the welcome, looking forward to exploring the site and making friends.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 335
Debbi replied on Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:03 PM

Thank you for the kind comments, glad to know there is someone else in the area. I am relatively new to California, I spent most of my life in Savannah, GA and Bridgewater, NJ.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,040
Points 169,828
Marie replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 8:11 AM

Welcome Debbi, nice to have you join us.  This is a great group and I know you will love it here.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,090
Karla replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 9:33 AM

Debbi, I grew up in Sacramento and loved it.  Moved to Elk Grove after my children were born and then to Fernley NV as we neared retirement age.  My Dad and sister still live in the area, but my grown children and grandchildren all live here in Fernley, NV.

It sure is easy to get the quilting bug, isn't it?  My daughter asked me to try and make a simple quilt for her son 8 years ago, and I was bitten...love it, love it, love it.  

I'm pretty sure you will continue to quilt and that you'll love this site for all of the help and encouragement you will receive.  This is the most helpful and caring group of people I have ever met on the internet.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 145
Carmen replied on Wed, Aug 7 2013 12:06 PM

Welcome Debbi, glad to have you with us. Can't wait to see your projects.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use