Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol Posted: Fri, Aug 2 2013 4:00 PM

I thought with the updates to the website the difficulty with accessing with IE 10 might be resolved, but it is not.  Are there any plans in the works to reconfigure the website so those of us who prefer Internet Explorer might be able to more easily access the site?  I'm too old to have to remember to use Chrome to get this site working right.  Or if that is beyond the capabilities of your tech team, could you post a warning on the top of the pages reminding folks this site does not work with IE 10?  Thanks!

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 4:42 PM

I use IE7 and have no problems at all. 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 5:30 PM

I use chrome and sometimes I can't even log in.  I don't know what to make of it?????

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 2 2013 7:05 PM

Brigit-Carol

The is a way to go into your computer and change a setting so that it allows QCA.  It has something to do with the spam settings on IE.   Go to TOOLS in your header bar.   Then scroll down to compatibility settings.  When you pull up the settings click add for QCA.   This should alleviate the problem.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Sukochi:

I use IE7 and have no problems at all. 

If you haven't allowed IE to upgrade since 2007, you are opening yourself to all kinds of possible problems.  Frankly, I didn't even know IE7 was even able to be used any more since it is a much older browser and I think Microsoft only has support for the last two browsers, which now are 8 & 9, since the release of 10.  I was happy with IE9 and put off upgrading to 10, but finally decided I better do it after I got a horrible virus that froze up my computer so badly I thought I'd have to do a complete wipe.  Thankfully I was able to get it off, but that decided me I better stay up to date where IE is concerned.  I have been using Chrome to access this site, but really don't like it as much.  I'd forgotten about compatibility view -- I'll try that and see what happens.  Thanks!

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025

Brigit-Carol:

I thought with the updates to the website the difficulty with accessing with IE 10 might be resolved, but it is not.  Are there any plans in the works to reconfigure the website so those of us who prefer Internet Explorer might be able to more easily access the site?  I'm too old to have to remember to use Chrome to get this site working right.  Or if that is beyond the capabilities of your tech team, could you post a warning on the top of the pages reminding folks this site does not work with IE 10?  Thanks!

Brigit-Carol, Have you tried to use Firfox. It is just like using IE, but this website loves it vs ie 9 or 10. Otherwise I would install Firefox, uninstall IE, reinstall ie7 only and it is still available if you google it and that will stop your problems. I use Avast Antivirus. There is a free version. It is exellant. I have never had a problem. (Can you tell I was a computer geek before I retired). Let me know if anny of this helps. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 777,800

Good Morning, 

The fix is very easy and will need to be done to your computer. You can do it, we have made it easy, click here to follow this tutorial and you should be all set.

QCA Mandy

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use