Top 10 Posters

Update on Barbara's Status

Page 19 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 357 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 10:52 AM

Barbara, all of your prayer warriors are at Work. You will get though this, but YOU have to have a positive attitude that you will. Don't give in to depression. It will do you more harm then good. We love you, lady. 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Hello Dear Barbara. I was so worried when I saw your early after surgery postings. My DH had heart surgery and he was so restricted to his bedroom for the first 4 weeks. I was so hoping that your surgery was not a big deal since you were up and going so soon. However as it seems you, and most in the medical profession, jumped the band wagon a bit too soon. Now you just sit back on that couch, get a few NEW magazines and a legal note book and make your plans for the next quilts. This way you can still feel busy, and stay calm at the same time your body is healing.  Take your drugs and be thankful they are available to help you. Have a glass of wine in the afternoon, really you wont be driving for a while. I'll have one with you. Love and Hugs to you. Hello to Paul. You stress he will too.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:08 AM

UPDATE

Talked with Barbara last night.   She has been back in the hospital.  She was admitted Wed and got to come home yesterday.   They finally found that the severe neck and shoulder pain is coming from a badly pinched nerve.   This occurred during surgery and nobody seems to know how or why.   She also started having atrial fibrillation.   This is when the top part of the heart isn't beating efficiently.   They have her on medications for the neck and they have gotten the heart rate regulated.   She seemed to be feeling much better last night.   Just really irritated with all the extra issues since surgery.

She says to tell everyone hello and that she hopes to be back online soon.   Please keep her in your continued prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 10:17 AM

Nana, thank you for the update on Barbara.  I feel so bad that she is having to deal with all of this extra stuff that shouldn't be.  Her neck problem probably comes from when the anesthesiologist had her in an awkward position for too long while under anesthesia.  I hope they can quickly resolve this for her.  Do you know if she has a visiting nurse coming to see her at home?  It appears she needs more help and assistance than she is getting.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:12 AM

Praying.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,407
Points 62,030
Bonita replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:21 AM

Glad she's back home again, prayers still with her.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:23 AM

Nana, thanks for the update on Barbara.  Now there seems to be a reasonable explanation and a positive resolution is in sight.

Barbara, we are with you sister!  You will heal - even if it may be slower than you would like.  Just give your body time and you will be back better than ever.  I am just terribly relieved for you that they finally seem to have some answers for your continuing pain and discomfort.  Now you can move forward with your recovery!  I think of you and pray for you every day.  Please continue to take it slow and easy and take advantage of all the help you can get!  xxooxx

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,379
Points 24,090
Roxana replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 11:59 AM

Barbara, I want to echo what everyone else has said and say take it easy and very slowly. Read, rest, draw quilt plans, rest, watch those Craftsy classes so much you can teach them, rest, rest, and rest some more. PLEASE take care of yourself. You are such a VERY SPECIAL WOMAN and I admire you so much and that admiration grows daily. Don't worry about QCA. Those of us trying to fill your shoes are doing the best we can to keep things as you left them. QCA will be here when you are really ready to come back. We all want you back BUT we all want you well. Take your time. Think positive thoughts and get some rest. NO STRESS. All will be ok! We miss you terribly. We love you!

Nana, thanks so much for updating us. That's so much better than all of us trying to reach her. Please assure her that we are praying for her and want her resting and getting well. Love you, too!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 95
Marj replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:05 PM

Praying Barbara for a quick recovery. God Bless you

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 1:21 PM

Nana, thanks for the update, not exactly what I wanted to hear but...............  Barbara has gone through just about enough, please God make the next update be a positive one.  

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:25 PM

Marie:
Barbara has gone through just about enough, please God make the next update be a positive one.  

Ditto!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 8:07 PM

Barbara, T&P and a big hug, take care

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 8:21 PM

Barbara I'm praying for a long lasting healthy recovery!  Don't rush your progress it takes time to heal.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,292
Points 45,710
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 15 2013 8:32 PM

Thanks Nana. I'm relieved that they finally found what was causing Barbara so much pain and discomfort. I know I'm just repeating what everyone else is saying. Please take care, take your time to heal and grow stronger every day. Read a book, look at your Craftsy classes, create a new quilt from scratch on paper. Enjoy looking the leaves change colours. Know you are loved and missed. So please take the time to let your body heal itself.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080

OH my goodness. I just read this. Thank you Nana for keeping us updated. Please let her know how worried we are about her, but we are all praying for her and Paul. It must be so stressful for both of them. I am praying for both of them. My thoughts are with Barbara everyday. I've been through the heat problems so I know how hard the recovery is.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Page 19 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use