Top 10 Posters

Update on Barbara's Status

Page 17 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 357 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 382
Points 6,560
Phyllis replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:33 PM

Welcome home, lots of prayers for you and Paul both.  Take it easy, get lots of rest.

Bonner Springs, Kansas

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Barbara --

I am very sorry I wasn't here for you . . . but I am very glad to read/hear that you've recovered enough from your challenge to come home.

I am happy to hear that your attitude is so good and you are taking such a proactive position with an attitude toward wellness and restoration.  

I wish there was something that I could do to help you, besides pray.  Keep your eyes on those that appreciate you for the amazing lady that you are. 

Blessings on your weekend and I will continue to pray the the Lord heals you in lots of ways as he heals all of us in and throughout our life.

Love and God's peace

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Barbara, very relieved to see your posting. It can't be said enough how special you are to this group of people and with all the prayers for you and your son, you have to get better.

Janis

TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 9:47 PM

Kristen

Has someone been trying to tell you that you aren't who your are?   Big hugs for all you are going thru.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Barbara - glad to hear (see) you on here again. I've been so worried about you. I'm pray for you smooth recovery. No more scare. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that is going through such hard times,

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,472
Points 24,135

Barbara, I'm glad that you are back home again. Take it easy and get plenty of rest, and accept all the help that your friends and church people have to offer. You and Paul will continue to be in my prayers.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Sun, Sep 1 2013 8:57 AM

I'm so glad to hear directly from you again Barbara. So I now will you listen to both your doctors and all the people here who love you? I've missed seeing you here and I hope that you won't mind being bored on the couch for a while as we all want you here for the long run. No more scare, right? Before you know it you will be quilting circles around us again.  Big hugs and prayers for you and Paul. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 1:42 AM

Thanks everyone , I'm happy  to be home , Hoping to stay home this time.  LOL  . Still weak  and  still on all my restrictions for now . I will see my surgeon on the 9th of this month .. . but I do feel better now then I did last weak .. I really hate this slow recovery ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 5:00 AM

Yeah Barbara,

Lovely to know you are home cause we miss you lots.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 5:41 AM

Barbara,

So happy that you are home, safe and sound!

xoxo

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,437
Points 23,945
Debbie replied on Mon, Sep 2 2013 5:44 AM

Barb - glad to hear you are home, take it easy and just get better.  we're thinking about you lots.  Thoughts, prayers and love coming your way.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920

Barbara:

Thanks everyone , I'm happy  to be home , Hoping to stay home this time.  LOL  . Still weak  and  still on all my restrictions for now . I will see my surgeon on the 9th of this month .. . but I do feel better now then I did last weak .. I really hate this slow recovery ..

Barbara, so good to hear you are feeling better.  Hang in there!  Remember, "slow and steady"  is the best way to heal.  You know that!  I have not been online much since July 27th - cell phone internet doesn't work too well when cell phones are not working well.  We are in a poor reception area, especially with the excessive growth on trees this year - one disadvantage of living in a hollow with hills all around!  I didn't find out about your surgery until a few days ago but was unable to get on QCA for one reason or another - internet, QCA problems, computer problems, fibro flare, etc.  I finally whipped my computer into shape and can finally use it without freeze-ups and cell phone for computer is working better. 

So sorry to hear you had to go through such surgery, but I know you will feel much better than you have in a long time.  Take it easy - I know you will be tempted to get behind the machine soon, but resist until you aren't so weak.  "I really hate this slow recovery" --- that sounds so much like Rich.  He just found out today that he needs his other hip replaced!  Two hips and one partial knee in 2 years - I guess only his most needy joint pained him until it was replaced, then the next and the next!  I hope this will be the end of his problems.  He is finally realizing he is nearly 75 years old, not 25.  Of course his mother is nearly 100 - January birthdays for both.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Thu, Sep 12 2013 10:47 PM

Has anyone heard how Barbara's checkup on the 9th went?  I'm hoping she can be quilting now since that is such good therapy.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 6:37 PM

I talked to Barbara a couple of days ago.   She is having lots of neck and shoulder pain and they don't seem to know what is causing this problem.   She is supposed to start having physical therapy.   They are still treating for a urinary tract infection.   She is really depressed and beginning to have a hard time dealing.   They have her on lots of drugs and she seems a little "fuzzy" when I talked to her.   She is still on full restrictions and seems to be spending most of her time on the couch.   She needs to remain in our prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 531
Points 8,350
Joyce replied on Fri, Sep 13 2013 7:11 PM

Barbara praying for you.  Stay strong.  We miss you.

Joyce

Page 17 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use