Top 10 Posters

Update on Barbara's Status

Page 15 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 357 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 2:14 PM

Thea:
now to drive myself downtown...oh my!

Thea, be very careful!  Prayers for your safety and successful surgery are going up.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,944
gini replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:59 PM

Thea, thank you for the update.  Prayers for your healing to progress more favorably.  And for Barbara and Paul.  This has been a rough year, indeed, for our QCA family

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:09 PM

Thea thank you so much for keeping us in the loop regarding Barbara's health. I will keep Barbara, Paul, Kristen Spud, Marge and you too Thea in my prayers. I believe that every little bit helps. May each and everyone of you feel the love and caring from all of us. Take care of you each of you. 

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 12:49 PM

Hi, I would have come back on yesterday to give you an update - BUT - I went to my doctor's appointment - got my stimulator reprogrammed - got a small lecture about bending - twisting - lifting anything heavier then 5 lbs - then told my incisions look good and the staples will be taken out next Tues... Yippeee!!!!  so I am leaving the doctor's office - out on my own for the 1st time in what seems like forever - and I had this magazine from Quilter's Newsletter for the Christmas - isn't it great - anyway - since I am going to the Iowa retreat and can not drive there - have decided to do some kits up and wanted to make 2 of the quilts from the magazine - but needed some fabrics to make them (just didn't have them in my stash)teehee - anyway - I drove out to Ringwood to see Gretchen and Liz at the shop - we went to lunch - yummy - got the fabric - saw the projects that Gretchen is working on - such a talented and lovely lady she is  - and drove back home - was home about 30 minutes and Barbara called - she has been home for about 30 minutes at that time... talked to her for about 30 minutes and got off the phone - and went and laid down - Jay woke me for dinner - watched some tennis and wahlah - the DH's alarm for this morning was going...

So Barbara is home and will soon be online and letting you all know what is going on in her world - she is recovering and needs prayers - and needs to just RELAX!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:09 PM

Prayers are definitely continuing for Barbara, Paul, Kristin, Rich, Marge, Spud, Thea and anyone else that might need them.  This really has been a rather difficult year for our group and their spouses.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:17 PM

Thanks for another update, Thea.  Looking forward to "hearing your voice," Barbara!  Stay well!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:19 PM

Thea

Thanks for letting us know that Barbara is home.  Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 3:42 PM

Thanks for the update on Barbara-- and also on you.  You better take it easy too.  Don't want any problems from doing too much too soon.    Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:39 PM

Thanks Thea. My prayers are going every day. Oh Barbara, please don't rush. Just take it slow. This was scary from our end. 

Thea so you too need to take it slow and listen to the docs a bit more. So no dancing the twist yet... I'm glad they reprogrammed it and that  you feel so good.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,944
gini replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:07 PM

Thanks again, thea

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Thank you Thea for all the information on Barbara and you. I'm so glad to hear Barbara is home. Seems people always recover better at home. You sure sound a lot better in your last post.  I am praying for Barbara's quick recover and that your stimulater will work correctly and do what it is supposed to do. The friends I have made on this site are the only quilter friends I have so I keep everyone on here in my prayers and thoughts. Please take care of yourself and when you talk to Barbara plese advise her to take it easy and take care of herself also.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:57 PM

Barbara i only just got around to this thread (my 2nd day back on QCA and i am playing catch-up)!Wow girl, you've had a rough go of it lately, haven't you? Poor lady. I am sending you huge cyber hugs and know you are in my T&Ps. Heal well and heal fast. We love ya.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 11:18 AM

Hi all , i'm back home AGAIN very weak and sore.  hopefully to stay this time I want to thank all of you for th cards and prayers.  I'M  still on full restrictions spending most of my time on sofa.   I really  hav missed you all . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 200
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

Glad you're back home Barbara. What a rough time you've had. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,736
Points 30,145
Roxana replied on Sat, Aug 31 2013 11:32 AM

Barbara:

Hi all , i'm back home AGAIN very weak and sore.  hopefully to stay this time I want to thank all of you for th cards and prayers.  I'M  still on full restrictions spending most of my time on sofa.   I really  hav missed you all . Barbara

We've missed you too! Take care of yourself and now that the gas leak is fixed, maybe you can ENJOY those Craftsy classes! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take is easy! .... Not a day goes by that my admiration for you doesn't grow! You're reaching "HALO" status in my book! 

Hugs,

Page 15 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use