Top 10 Posters

Update on Barbara's Status

Page 14 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 357 Replies | 33 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

I was just wondering the same thing this morning. If anyone has any updated report on Barbara, please let us know. I believe the last information was via her son on Facebook. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Wed, Aug 28 2013 7:25 PM

I'm also thinking about Barbara. I'm praying all is well and that she Will pull through,stronger and better than before. I also pray that her son stays strong for her sake.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 7:46 AM

I'm growing very concerned.   Has anyone heard anything?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,430
Points 243,422
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:30 AM

Nancy and everyone!  I talked to Barbara 2 days ago and she was in the hospital bed awaiting the results of some tests.  she believes she has had a breakdown of sorts with all that has been happening.  Everything happened so fast and so furiously that it was very over whelming.  She didn't have any time to sort through what was happening when the next issue arose.  

The latest sickness that landed her in the hospital - well they don't know yet what the cause is the last I had heard.  She had an endoscope on Tuesday and as far as I know it was fine!  they had thought maybe she had developed ulcers in her esophogas(sp) but as far as I know there is no proof... they also thought that the amount of ibuprofen(sp) that she was taking may have damaged her kidneys or liver - no results yet on this.  

The Bishop from her church arrived at the hospital Tuesday to pray and assist her with everything that would make life simpler for her - to give her some ease of mind that all the help she needed would be available.  

I have not talked to her since the Bishop arrived at the hospital - she tried to call me that evening but our internet and phones have been having major problems and getting AT&T out to my house to repair them has been a major problem for us - we are dealing... 

I talked to Paul yesterday morning and he had talked to his Mom Wednesday shortly after the endoscope was done and said that she was kind of out of it from the anesthesia from the being knocked out for the procedure but that he had thought she had said that she would be home yesterday...

I did not hear back from them last night - I did try to call twice and got the answer machine... I am sure that once she has some answers that we will be told what they are and Paul will call those of us that he has numbers for to let us know she is home or still in the hospital...

Paul suffers from PTSD for those not aware he was stationed at the Pentagon and not at work the day it was bombed in Sept 0f 2001... he has some major problems dealing with life so those who do have Barbara's # if you could let Paul rest and just pray rather then call him is what he is asking for.  He is having some major anxiety attacks with everything that has been going on - he is unsure what is happening in his life until the answers come back for his Mom...

So Pray Pray Pray for both of them.  I am sure with all the prayers that go up from this site that the Lord will hear us and send waves of healing powers down to the house in MO.  

When I hear more I will let you know!  As I said though my phones and internet are sketchy right now and I am dealing with my own healing from my surgery so am doing the best I can!  Just pray for all of them please!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

I am so so sorry to hear this.  With everything that Barbara does for everyone around her, she is the last person who should be going through this.  I am so so sorry, Barbara.  You are in my thoughts every day.  Hang in there, Barbara.  You're going to get through this and hopefully a year from now, you'll be able look back on this and it will be just a bad thing that happened once.  I miss seeing you on the site and look forward to the day when you're back to your full health and your regular self again.  <3

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Also, thank you for the update, Thea.  I have been thinking of Barbara every day and wondering, so it's good to hear what's going on.  I appreciate your keeping us updated!

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 8:54 AM

Yes Barbara, you are loved and missed.  Every morning, afternoon and evening, I pray for you, Kristen and Spud and all of those in need of special care.  I know God will look out for you,  I also add prayers for Rich and Paul that they are able to provide the support needed for their loved ones and have the comfort and peace of mind in their own lives.  

God bless you all.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:40 AM

Thank you for the update on Barbara, Thea.  I have been very worried about both her and Paul.  It is rewarding to at least know how they are doing.  I think that this calls for many more prayers for the 2 of them.  They are both very dear people.   And Thea, I hope that your healing is going well too.  You and Jay are also in my prayers for peace, understanding and your return to health.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 9:58 AM

Thea, thank you for the update on Barbara and Paul, although it's not what I wanted to hear.  My prayers will continue for them both.  My prayers for you as well, how are you doing after your surgery?  You take care and know you are always in my T&P.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,430
Points 243,422
Thea replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:04 AM

Marie - thank all of you for the continued prayers... we aren't sure if my surgery is going to work or not - right now I am learning how to walk with the stimulator - somehow it affected my walking ability - I will know more in a little while - I have a follow-up appointment - pray that I make it there okay - they changed the appointment time and day so I have to take myself.... interesting it will be... 

I tried to call Barbara a little while ago and the phone is ringing busy so I think Paul took it off the hook... he is very stressed but holding it together as best he can... Barbara may be sleeping also if she came home yesterday - if I hear anything i will let you all know - now to drive myself downtown...oh my!

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:11 AM

Thank you for the update, Thea!  I'm attending a special prayer event at church later today and so will ask our group to send prayers for Barbara, Paul, Spud, Kristin, Marge, and you!  What a difficult summer it has been for our QCA group.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:43 AM

Thea

Thanks for the update.  I so wish it had been better news.  Continued prayers for Barbara and Paul.  Also raising up Kristen, Rich, Spud, Marge and You and Jay.   This has been a really rough year for our QCA family. 

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,830
Points 31,860
Roxana replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 10:51 AM

Thea, thank you so much for the detailed report on Barbara. We'll wait for further word from you as we know neither Barbara nor Paul need to be disturbed. ... Prayers for you and the rest of the QCA members needing prayers, including Barbara and Paul, are being said frequently. Many, many thoughts and hugs are being sent your way.

When you do talk to Barbara, please let her know that we all love her, miss her, but want her well. We're covering everything here that she needed under control. We need her back at full strength. She is such a remarkable woman and as I attempt to fill her shoes on the Fabric Swaps, I can say honestly that my admiration for her grows daily, sometimes minute by minute. Nana has retreats covered. Maggie and Zsofia have the Round Robin covered. We all await her healthy return.

Praying, praying, praying .... 

QCA friends are the best!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 11:54 AM

Prayers for your safe trip downtown and back, Thea.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Aug 29 2013 12:47 PM

Thea thanks for the update . Thinking of you too and hoping your trip downtown went well.

Take care of you too.

xx

Page 14 of 24 (358 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use