rated by 0 users
This post has 70 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 7:51 AM

Barbara:

Hi everyone , Well my news is worst then I thought ,I will be having by-pass surgery this Thursday  At KUMed  Center  this Thursday and will be in the hospital for 5 to 7 days  , Recovery will take about 3 months  total .  I'm rally not looking forward to this and will need all the prayers I can get . . I do want to thank all of you for they prayers for today , you all all the best.  Barbara

Barbara, you will just be the new bionic quilting woman, getting projects done at the speed of light! Now don't stress. On Thursday you will feel all our  strength, love and prayers helping you through this procedure and recovery.bring your quilt along to feel our love and support through the recovery period. Big ((((HUGS)))) going your way.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,679
Points 248,642
Thea replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:06 AM

Angele - you are right - after the surgery Barbara will be like the ever ready bunny.  I can't keep up with her now and after this she will be going going going with energy to spare.  

Barbara - you know I wish you all the best and will be praying for you.  I wish too like Elaine that I could be there but at this point I can hardly go outside my front door - wish my surgery was over so that I was feeling my best and thinking that a trip to Liberty was within the realms of things that I could do.  I will be waiting impatiently for that call from Paul to tell me that you made it through surgery and are recovering nicely.  Please tell him to call me!  Take care of yourself and follow your doctor's wishes!  All is going to be wonderful for you after the surgery!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 474
Points 7,545
Julienne replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:10 AM

Barbara, Thoughts and Prayers are with you. 

Julienne - Mid Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 8:50 AM

Barbara,  I am sorry to hear that you face further surgery on Thursday.   I have been in a similar situation quite a few years ago.  The biggest problem that I had was in getting out of bed and wearing a type of brace around my chest for a while, for support.  It was very helpful for getting up and down out of bed and such.  I was being taken out to eat within a week . It was a little difficult at first to figure out how to get up and down without discomfort, but it was the best thing to do,- to remain active- and keep moving.  I wish you all the best in you coming surgery.  My prayers are added to everyone else's for your successful surgery and return to great health.  Just follow your Drs orders.  Much love and good wishes are going with you during this time.  Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:16 AM

Barbara, I just saw your post on the test results and you having to have a by-pass. I am hoping you know someone who has had this done so they can ease your mind about this, like Ginny's post above. I am with you on not looking forward to surgery, don't know any one who does. The thought in itself is stressful and talking about it here or with others should help with anxiety. 

Will be praying that you have a successful surgery and a speedy (less than 3 months) recovery.  

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:17 AM

Barbara, prayers up. I know this has to be scary, but you have a huge support group. And, the Great Healer is right there leading the surgery. He will be with you as you heal, also. Isn't that just so great?

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 2,560
Beth replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:20 AM

Barbara,

I have added you to my prayer list and will keep you there until you are completely healed. Thoughts and prayers for your docs, nurses,and family! Just know your QCA family will have you wrapped in the biggest quilt of prayer and healing you can possibly imagine !

God Bless!

Beth

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,817
Points 248,474
Barbara replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:37 AM

Thanks everyone for all your prayers and support. ,I have so much stuff to get done today .I hope I can get there ..LOL  thanks good ness all the pre-surgery stuff was done yesterday when I was at the hospital .. so nothing there to do .   I I don't get a chance to get back on here today .I'll let all of you know just as soon as I can how things are going .  BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:45 AM

Barbara, Sometimes life is tough.  But from what I know of you, you're tougher.  My prayers will continue until I hear that you are fully recovered and the doctors say you are a-Okay.  Blessings for peace of mind for you, dear.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:01 AM

Barbara

I am so sorry that the news is bad.  You will remain in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,605
Roxana replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:47 AM

Barbara, you've got my prayers as often as your name comes to mind and God is doing a great job of bringing your name to mind frequently! We all love you!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:17 AM

Barbara you take care of yourself you will be in my thoughts tomorrow. We gave only just become friends but I feel I know you.  I am sure the Dr has made the right decision for you and although it will take a little time I am sure you will be running around in no time. 

Lots of love and hugs xxxxx

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 343
Points 2,960
Linda replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:59 AM

Barbara,

I had posted a message on RR before finding my way here. I am just reading about your surgery tomorrow. I am so sorry to hear this, but you seem like an energetic person and I'll bet you'll be up and around in no time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Vacherie, Louisiana

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Barbara,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers Thursday, and until you have recovered.  Follow your doctor's instructions and don't push yourself too much once you are home. 

Take care and try not to worry!

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,450
Jacy replied on Wed, Jul 31 2013 2:01 PM

Good to hear from you Max.

Page 4 of 5 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use