Page 244 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 644
Points 12,600
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Thu, May 29 2014 10:05 PM | Locked

Our last day in Intercourse, PA, was another great one! Zoetc49 and I went back to the Old Country Store to take another look at some fabrics. I only bought 5 more yards Of fabric and a pattern. While we were there, Zoe starting talking with an Amish couple. The lady was there looking for a Mariner's Compass pattern. We spoke for a little while about quilting and helped her to look for a pattern. That nice couple invited us to their home in Paradise, PA, just a few miles from Intercourse. So the two of them left for home. They, of course, were traveling in their horse-drawn buggy. Zoe and I stayed awhile longer since we were traveling by car, and she bought a couple things for our new friend Susie. When we arrived at their home, Susie gave us a tour of her quilt studio. Wow! Sooooo many completed projects, all so beautiful! She makes aprons, pot holders, wallhangings, quilts, and bags to be sold at her brother's store. She showed us a whole-cloth quilt she is doing, too. All of her work was done just perfectly. We each bought some pot holders from her. We would have liked to visit her brother's store but it was a holy day so his store was closed. It was a fabulous day! 

After leaving the Amish couple's home, we drove up to Hershey and bought lots of chocolate things. In the morning we'll head back to Pittsburgh and make a stop at the Flight 93 Memorial on the way.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Fri, May 30 2014 6:46 AM | Locked

Wow, so nice to see you able to get together for a shopping and sewing trip.   Nice pictures, but it doesn't identify who is who, even though you all look like very nice ladies, the kind I like.    Love the fabric that you got, Carol.  My colors.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Fri, May 30 2014 6:48 AM | Locked

Sorry to hear that your old time baby sitter passed, but she did it the way I would like.  Still living life to the hilt and plans in the works.   Full life.       Blessings to her.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 254
Points 4,205
SpringerMom replied on Fri, May 30 2014 9:51 AM | Locked

Hi Ginny! I asked Carol the question of who was who in the photo... here's her response. We think alike! lol 

"Left to right:

Carol from Pittsburgh, Mimi, Zoetc49"

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 692
Points 10,855
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, May 30 2014 10:38 AM | Locked

Just Printed Clue #3 for MQ by Heather Space on MSCQ.  Can't wait to have one on QCA.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 117
Points 3,285
qcarachel replied on Fri, May 30 2014 1:55 PM | Locked

Hello Quilters,

Another retired post! Once again, I am amazed at how involved you are-it shows how special this community is to each and every one of you. I have started a new thread, What are you up to today? #10. Please follow the link and continue to post there. This current thread will be retired. You can still view all the posts, you cannot comment on it.

Have an excellent weekend!

Rachel

Page 244 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use