Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 242 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 688
Points 10,725
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sat, May 24 2014 2:05 PM | Locked

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, May 25 2014 8:36 AM | Locked

Backatcha and all around, Mamag

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 253
Points 4,200
SpringerMom replied on Sun, May 25 2014 3:10 PM | Locked

Agnes, I forgot to ask... is there a quilt shop in your new town or at least a fabric shop, and a guild or other group of quilters that you will join? I know the population is low, so was wondering what you'll have available to you there. Hopefully you'll find quilting/sewing friends soon!   

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sun, May 25 2014 3:40 PM | Locked

SpringerMom:
Agnes, I forgot to ask... is there a quilt shop in your new town or at least a fabric shop, and a guild or other group of quilters that you will join?

I have reached the point in life that I don't want to be a joiner or commit myself to anything. Quilting is very alive in the area. It was here in my previous time in calling this area home that I got turned on to quilting. That was Sept 1992 and I literally haven't stopped since, just slowed down strictly by my design. There is a fabric/quilt shop just south of town with workshop area that runs regular weekend quilting retreats. My understanding is that meals are provided but not overnight accommodations. I could be wrong about that. I don't know the status of an actual group. All this is moot for me because I no longer can sit for hours at anything. I've worked my body too hard over the years and I am reaping the benefits (lots of different ares with repetitive injury and inflammation) now. LOL  I am also the one that goes against the grain and I need to find a plaque again for my wall that states that I walk to the beat of my own drummer. Most of all I have to be in the mood or I end up hating what I am doing. The machine made the move well. I shortened some curtains. I got the bedroom ones up so I can block out the morning sun. Living room ones are ready to hang but DS tightened some screws too tight. Need him to come back and loosen them so that I can take the rod down to hang the panels. I am just loving that he comes in and does little jobs for me.

Summer turned on yesterday. I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my air conditioner on Tues. Right now it is raining softly and the trees are greening up in front of my eyes. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, May 25 2014 4:06 PM | Locked

Agnes, your outlook is great.  You can always join something that interests you or not.. My philosophy has become  quite similar of late.  Though there are times that I would like to do a little more, my physical problems often limit me,  but I eventually do get things accomplished.  It is good to hear that these things are available if you want. 

Summer has come here too.  I planted a couple of the tomato plants that I grew from seed.  Couldn't do much more as I am certain that I have an inner ear infection.  I can only be up for 20 or 30 minutes at a time before I get weak and feel like falling over and nearly passing out.    Darn holiday weekend that I have to wait until Tuesday to see a Doc..      Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 688
Points 10,725
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sun, May 25 2014 4:25 PM | Locked

Agnes and Ginny love your outlook. I too march to the beat of my own drummer.  I'm trying to have a brighter outlook on things even tough my body isn't cooperating.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,355
ls2116 replied on Sun, May 25 2014 9:59 PM | Locked

I'm doing alot of yard work just in case we don't move.  Always been good at vegie garden but this year been trying flowers and bushes.  Never had luck with roses but i just planted two types today.  one is a pink knockout and the other is salmon hybrid.  i hate the thorns but love the roses.  wish me a load of luck in the ones i planted.  i'm going to need it.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, May 25 2014 10:15 PM | Locked

Roses and lilacs and irises are about all the really grow well here...I have several large lilac bushes, pink and red roses, and a bed of irises.  Oh, daffodils and tulips do well here, too, but none of the bulb plants stay in bloom very long,  It is so disappointing when they die off.  In the fall the chrysanthemums are pretty and they do come back up year after year.  I miss having azaleas, hydrangeas, and camellias like we had in the Sacramento Valley, but I definitely do not miss the traffic or taxes or cost of living in California.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:42 AM | Locked

Agnes:

Linda:
Agnes, what a view! Close to the library, any good restaurants close by? How about some good looking men? Well, if you are going to sit by the window and look out, you might as well look for all the good things in life!!

There is a restaurant even closer than the library but have no idea how good it is. It's the building down the hill, same side of the street as my building. As far as the men go I haven't been looking. For right now I am trying to make up with the scenery for the five years I lived in the concrete jungle. Today was nice and warm. Seems like summer is finally making an appearance. Enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the lake breeze this afternoon.

Gini--So glad to hear that you have the Branson nightmare behind you.

I know what you mean about getting away from the concrete jungle. Enjoy your new surroundings!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Mon, May 26 2014 3:45 AM | Locked

Karla, where  did you move to? Seems like everyone I know is moving. Hope you like your new home.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Mon, May 26 2014 9:24 AM | Locked

Linda:

Karla, where  did you move to? Seems like everyone I know is moving. Hope you like your new home.

I haven't moved recently...12 years ago we moved from the Sacramento Valley of California to Fernley, Nevada, but we spent last weekend helping my daughter move into the house she recently bought here in Fernley.  I'm getting much too old to be moving, although I would like a home that has a space large enough to have a dedicated sewing room as right now I take parts of 3 different rooms.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Tue, May 27 2014 2:35 AM | Locked

Karla - Too bad you aren't in Sacramento Valley still. Later this year I'll be in the San Francisco area to visit grandchildren, probably honeymoon and/or vacation. Since I have to travel by train and avoid the high altitude of the mountains, I take the train thru Flagstaff to LA then up the coast of CA. The best part is I have enough Amtrak miles for a disability sleeper car that has it's own bath and sink, but the shower is just outside the door. If you were in Sacramento we could stop in and say hello.

Today  I have promised to rest. I also have an appointment with the neurologist. So many questions and another fall since my last visit. By the time I get home I'll be ready for nap....long nap. Yesterday I slept almost all day.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:20 AM | Locked

Groan, more of the same as yesterday and the day before, and the day before......  Getting a house ready to sell is one big pain.......all over.  Mowed grass and did some weed eating yesterday and will get some more weed eating done this morning before it gets hot.   Got to spray some stump killer on stumps that were cut down a year or so ago.  They are trying to grow again!   Then I have some dead bushes to dig out.  If I can't get it done I guess I'll have to hire someone to do it.  Have a carpenter coming tomorrow to replace top rails on the deck and do some other repairs around the house.

Probably going to have to call the plumber back.  I have a really bad smell (sewer gas he says) in the basement shower.  I put some BioClean in the drain as he directed me to do for 5 days and flushed it really well.  Smell is still there.  I guess the next step is to have the drain/line cleaned.  Just hope the line is not broken because to fix it he would have to go through the basement floor.   It never ends does it.  Seems there is always something going wrong when you own a house. 

Haven't been able to sew for over a week.  Hope to sew some this afternoon after I get back from running errands.  Just have 2 more rows to sew and I'll be ready for the borders on the Orion Star. 

Hope you all have a really wonderful day. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 27 2014 6:52 PM | Locked

I'm home from work and ready to unwind a bit. It was a slow day. I did have the cutest little 2 year old come in this morning. She's developmentally delayed so she's only just learning to crawl and pull up, but what a sweet personality! She gave me the luvs and pats the whole time I was talking to her big brother (age 5) about his future plans to be a paleontologist.  Poor little thing was born with fused fingers and has already endured several surgeries to correct it. 'Didn't seem to bother her any.  What a refreshing breath of fresh air to have friendly, well mannered kids visit! I've had a few families come in recently who seem to be content to raise orangutans! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, May 27 2014 10:14 PM | Locked

Darn, if I didn't know better I'd think those orangutans were my grandsons.  They are all about the toucy feely thing and they're probably as loud as the dinosaurs were in their day, LOL.  Spen the weekend babysitting the 3 boys and boy does that 21 month old give me a run for my money.  He turned on every light switch he could reach (he even moved furniture to reach some) and then opened every door that was closed and closed every door that was opened.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 242 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use