Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 241 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 239 240 241 242 243 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, May 23 2014 10:31 AM | Locked

Gini, why were the flights cancelled?

Went to a couple yard sales today. The first one I got some fabric and 8 quilt magazines. At the second there was a White Rotary sewing machine for sale. It needs a good cleaning and the cord needs replacing. Has all the feet. I never saw such feet. I will buy a manual online as I found one of those. It is a 1920's model, from what I found online but yhe fella said it might be from 1949. So not sure. I got it for $24.00. 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 10,915
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, May 23 2014 10:33 AM | Locked

Waiting for Clue#2 for MQ from MSQC.  

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 15,645
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 23 2014 11:26 AM | Locked

Sukochi:
White Rotary sewing machine for sale
Sound like you got a great deal.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,330
Points 36,660
Linda replied on Fri, May 23 2014 12:39 PM | Locked

Agnes, what a view! Close to the library, any good restaurants close by? How about some good looking men? Well, if you are going to sit by the window and look out, you might as well look for all the good things in life!!

Love you, sweet lady.

Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, May 23 2014 12:45 PM | Locked

Gini

It is so good to hear that all the Branson mess is behind you.  Hopefully now life will get easier.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 806
Points 12,419
Joan L. replied on Fri, May 23 2014 12:51 PM | Locked

Nana, Everyone has been missing you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,024
Points 15,645
weezee56 replied on Fri, May 23 2014 2:11 PM | Locked

Hi Nana, I missed you very much. I hope you are going well. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,423
Points 40,365
Mimi replied on Fri, May 23 2014 2:50 PM | Locked

Nana, so good to see you back on QCA.  It surely took long enough.  But no matter I'm glad to see you back.

Gini, I'm doing a happy dance for you and Sam.  What a great weight lifted from your lives.  Your unexpected meeting - sounds just like Sam.  So glad your lives will be less stressful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 10,915
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Fri, May 23 2014 5:55 PM | Locked

Nana, heard so much about you.  (I sent you a friend request)  I joined almost a month ago.  Love this gang.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,470
Agnes replied on Fri, May 23 2014 9:10 PM | Locked

Linda:
Agnes, what a view! Close to the library, any good restaurants close by? How about some good looking men? Well, if you are going to sit by the window and look out, you might as well look for all the good things in life!!

There is a restaurant even closer than the library but have no idea how good it is. It's the building down the hill, same side of the street as my building. As far as the men go I haven't been looking. For right now I am trying to make up with the scenery for the five years I lived in the concrete jungle. Today was nice and warm. Seems like summer is finally making an appearance. Enjoyed sitting on the balcony enjoying the lake breeze this afternoon.

Gini--So glad to hear that you have the Branson nightmare behind you.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 255
Points 4,225
SpringerMom replied on Fri, May 23 2014 9:32 PM | Locked

Agnes, your new home looks just lovely! So pleased that you will have the lake view after apparently being in a city for a long time. What great fortune that you were assigned to that apartment! It is so relaxing and calming to have water views, no matter where they may be. I'm sure you'll enjoy the changing seasons, weather moving through, etc. I've been looking at my atlas map, but Red Lake is not listed. Will need to Google it when I'm done here. It's always fun to see where people live.  

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,814
gini replied on Fri, May 23 2014 11:08 PM | Locked

I am in Seattle, with only a bit of fuss in Denver.   They ran us back and forth around the terminal to different gates, with no announcements, had to watch the board.  There were still lots of people sitting around waiting for flights.    I even got some baby squeezing in to night.  Elza is cute as can be.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sat, May 24 2014 5:52 AM | Locked

So glad that you made it home without too much fuss.  What with the weather around Denver, it's a surprise you didn't run into Sam.   LOL    Get some good baby hugs in.      Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, May 24 2014 9:08 AM | Locked

Gini I am so Happy to hear the trial is behind you and the outcome was positive!  I love hearing about your travel adventures... and am very glad that they are not mine. LOL My brother flies Stand-by everywhere he goes. He loves the adventure of it...  I think he's nuts. :D

Agnes, your view is terrific! I'm glad you are getting settled and like your new domain and I hope you make lots of new friends in your new town. How nice that the library is just 'spitting distance' from your apartment. What a great score!

Sukochi, congrats on the 'new' machine. What a great find! 

My apple and plum trees both chose this morning to pop open their blooms. The yard looks so cheerful with the trees all smiling and the tulips dancing in their bright dresses. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,259
Points 28,470
Agnes replied on Sat, May 24 2014 9:29 AM | Locked

Springermom--I'm not surprised that you can't find Red Lake in the atlas. The town has a population of around 2,000. The areas claim to fame is the gold mines and some of the richest ore in the world. You will read more about it if you check out the articles you find via Google.

CC--I can just see your fruit trees and tulips by reading your wonderful description. The trees here are just starting to show their buds but with a few warm days they should be vibrant green. I may just need to see into getting some planters onto my balcony so I can have my own color.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Page 241 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 239 240 241 242 243 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use