Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 240 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 238 239 240 241 242 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Thu, May 22 2014 2:17 PM | Locked

What  have I been up to today besides babysitting?  Well, I've got dinner in the crock pot, been grocery shopping, and took a trip to Lowe's to purchase a new spark plug and air filter for the lawnmower.  Now, when it is my turn to mow, maybe I'll be able to start the stupid mower, LOL.

I've fed the baby and myself lunch, and hopefully she'll take a nap now that she has a full tummy.  We were both covered with Gerber's squash...she's getting pretty good and grabbing the spoon out of my hands and flinging it, although she seems to love just about everything you feed her.  Just like a baby bird, waiting with her mouth open, LOL.

I have two more blocks of the LUS to finish for the current assignment, and I know at least one of them is applique so that will take me forever.  At least I don't have to chauffeur to TaeKwonDo today, so maybe I'll get at least one of the blocks done.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Thu, May 22 2014 2:51 PM | Locked

I'm in my new digs, not fully settled but I took today to gad about town, getting a post office box, applying for the health card and checking out the library. It's gorgeous so I need to sweep off the balcony and set up the chairs. I'm really enjoying my view. This is from the balcony. Bedroom window is just back of the balcony and living room is to the side. I'll be spending lots of time just watching the water. Saw a few boats out this morning playing in between the ice. I have my recliner set so I can sit there, relax and watch the water. The red and yellow building is the library.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,843
Points 246,802
Thea replied on Thu, May 22 2014 3:19 PM | Locked

Agnes, I am jealous of that view - I grew up on Lake Ontario in NY and saw the lake every day - I miss it here in the middle of the US... but my move to MN will bring me closer to lakes but none right outside my window - Oh that is so pretty.  Enjoy the view and remember on bad days to go out and thank the Lord for giving you this view and your spirits will lift.

Karla, You make me wonder if I really am ready to move to MN and take on all those grandmother duties that I hear you doing.  I think I am ready though no matter what.  I talked with my Grand daughter once since I have been home and truly miss her coming home from school each day and running down the stairs to my hobbit hole to talk and enjoy me - those are her words - she enjoyed me... I miss that... I keep hoping that our move will just happen but things keep cropping up that we have to fix and I can't just put the house up till they are done... It is almost completely painted now - DH worked all day yesterday painting - up the ladder down off the ladder - bent over - today he was going to work on the trim - he says later this evening but I figure take your time - I am in no rush about anything - someone needs to light a fire underneath me but knowing how my body is I tremble when he says he is hurting... I am not sure I can deal with him hurting and he is - his back and shoulder are getting pretty bad... so slow is good right now - one thing at a time.

I packed up two more boxes of fragile items and had fun looking at them... when I was a little girl my Grandmother had this curio cabinet behind her chair in her living room - as a little girl I was mesmorized by the items on it... They are all over 100 years old now but they were crystal minature punch bowl and glasses - small minature mugs... minature tea cups and sugar and creamers - I would get my little hand slapped when I reached to look at them... When she passed and they were giving parts of her belongings to each of us grand children - this was one of the things that i requested first.  I wanted to be able to touch and play with them without getting my hand slapped... I packed 1/2 of them today  along with one of my globe covered music boxes and a ceramin manger set... it took me way down memory lane...

And I am working on Dog Park - I have the 1st 2 blocks done and am on block 3 - all these little pieces turning into dogs so far... plus one squirrel... I love applique quilts a lot -  I know that after getting this one done though that I am going to do some piecing quilts and table runners to make something simpler... this is tough work...teehee... but I love it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,750
Points 54,215
Ginny replied on Thu, May 22 2014 3:53 PM | Locked

Lucky girl ther, Agnes.  Yes you have a beautiful view.  Wow, just where are you in Ontario?  I didn't realize that all the ice wasn't gone from the lakes.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,973
Points 70,250
Bonita replied on Thu, May 22 2014 4:24 PM | Locked

Beautiful view Agnes, I would be out there all the time

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,272
Points 19,990
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 22 2014 5:17 PM | Locked

Agnes, Your view is great and your library is so close. Your are in a wonderful location.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,490
MizPat replied on Thu, May 22 2014 5:25 PM | Locked

I got an e-mail on the 20th about the first installment of Missouri Star's Mystery Quilt, with a pic of the printout. I went to MSQS to get it, but wasn't able to locate it. Mamagshouse and/or Weezee, please send me the link. The initial post was dated May 14, so around May 21 should have been the date, but I searched the blog from the 14th to today with no luck. 

TIA

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,490
MizPat replied on Thu, May 22 2014 5:28 PM | Locked

Agnes, I love your view! Being in the middle of the desert, I'd have to drive an hour to get to the closest lake. Now that it has decided to be summer, it would be in the low 90s with not much humidity in spite of the lake.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,272
Points 19,990
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 22 2014 5:40 PM | Locked

MizPat:

I got an e-mail on the 20th about the first installment of Missouri Star's Mystery Quilt, with a pic of the printout. I went to MSQS to get it, but wasn't able to locate it. Mamagshouse and/or Weezee, please send me the link. The initial post was dated May 14, so around May 21 should have been the date, but I searched the blog from the 14th to today with no luck

TIA

HI, I hope I can write this so you can understand me. 

1 Go to MSQC site.

2 Click on Forum

3 Click on Groups. Here you have to sign in.

4 You need to join the group. list is on the right.

5 In my Group  on the left -click on the name (Mystery Quilt Benefitting CancerCare.org)

6 In the middle of this page are all three posts for this MQ Let me know if you have a problem. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 954
Points 16,210
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, May 22 2014 6:14 PM | Locked

Agnes that is a fabulous view.  Very beautiful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 954
Points 16,210
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, May 22 2014 6:16 PM | Locked

MizPat, Weezee gave you great directions into the MQ for MSQC.  Its fun so far.  Clue #2 will be posted tomorrow morning at 8 am I believe PCT.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,347
Points 30,575
Agnes replied on Thu, May 22 2014 6:46 PM | Locked

Indeed, I consider myself very lucky. I had no choice but I feel like I won the lottery with the apartment and prime view. All other apartments face south and oversee the business section of town. I could almost sing the song "Way up North" to define my location. Geographically I am pretty well straight north of Dallas, Texas in Red Lake, Ontario. To quote from publications: Red Lake is located at the northern terminus of Highway 105, and is the northernmost town in Ontario that is located on a primary King's Highway We are located only a short distance, about 50 or so miles from the Manitoba border, but have only the one roadway in or out. It makes Red Lake a destination, never just passing through. Today was a nice day with sunshine. Since I took the photo at about 3 I can notice the diminishing of ice. By tomorrow sometime it will be gone. It held out about as late as it ever does. Sometimes it is gone about a week by now.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 22 2014 7:33 PM | Locked

Agnes, you are so fortunate to have gotten an apt with such a view. Thete is a large lake here but it is 20 minutes away. We go over to the dam park in the summer. This park is at the very top of the dam. You drive across the dam and the park is an island above the lake..

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Thu, May 22 2014 9:08 PM | Locked

Nice view, Agnes, best wishes on this new adventure.

sam and my adventure continues.  Since we didn't have a 5 day trial to endure, Sam tried to book us home earlier.  We were supposed to go home Saturday.   He got Al a seat on Wednesday,  Al got stuck in Denver overnight.  Sam left today, he is stuck in Denver and hopes to get out late this evening.   When I went online this afternoon to print my ticket for Friday, it told me I needed to talk to an agent, and that all flights we're cancel thru Saturday.  After a long wait, I found that " Charles" forgot to charge our card for my flight, grrrr.   And oh by the way, there is a flight tomorrow.  Hmm, not what the website says???  So, I will give it a go and hopefully get to Seattle tomorrow.  I have my boarding passes so it's a sure thing, right?

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, May 22 2014 9:30 PM | Locked

gini:
we had a delightful lunch with two former strangers.  They invited us down for tea and dessert the next time we're here

that is one of my favorite things about train travel.  get to sit at a table with new people, enjoy a wonderful meal and getting to know someone.   However, my sister and I did get tired of explaining that we were taking Mom back to Iowa. (her ashes, several years after her death.)

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 240 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 238 239 240 241 242 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use