Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 238 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 236 237 238 239 240 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 632
Points 9,395
MaggieNae replied on Tue, May 20 2014 9:33 AM | Locked

Thea, I'm so sorry for your losses.  These can be very hard days.  I lost my own Tink two years ago and still miss her often.  I hope your mother can understand what has happened and not make the situation more difficult for all of you than it already is.  I don't know what else to say except that I feel for you.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Tue, May 20 2014 5:39 PM | Locked

Thea, so sorry for your and your Mom's loss. It's always hard to lose a beloved pet. I lost my 2 kittys 4 years ago and I still miss them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, May 20 2014 5:47 PM | Locked

Thea I am so saddened  by your losses.  

There is nothing quite like pets in your family cause their love is so unconditional.

My DD isn't feeling well and Ty is laying down next to her  to make her feel better.  Poor Sadie feels left out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,480
Points 244,377
Thea replied on Tue, May 20 2014 6:04 PM | Locked

This is our Abby!

Donna - your dogs are beautiful - Jay and I own a white German Shepherd named Abby - she is our last one - I raised them for years.  I used to raise saddlebacks but when I came back from Thule Greenland I found a white one and I was hooked from that day forward with the white ones.  She is a love and the silliest shepherd I have ever had...Very very smart but a watch dog - no she will never be that - she loves people and hates other dogs -  as I said she is unique and the first one in all the years that I have owned that was like this.  

Cocoa was my Mom's dog and she was the watchdog in the house - she will be missed by me too - my DH didn't care for her that much but she didn't like men much - I am not sure yet how my Mom is going to deal with this - she hasn't said anything and is just carrying on like normal but I am pretty sure she knows Cocoa passed and it messed with her mind... I am not sure what we are going to do yet when she asks me where Cocoa is - if she ever does.  

Karla - thank you for the kind words!  It is hard with each one that we lose!  I have quite a menagerie around the house but they aren't going to be replaced this time.  I am still amazed at how different they all are and how they change as they age.  Bear was the sweetest kitty - he loved to go outside but loved more to cuddle with me - he had those amazing looks - and Tito his twin looks at me and I see Bear still but Tito hated outside up until about 3 years ago when we put a pet door in the back door - he will go out in the back yard by my hot tub and just lay in the sun!  He is the one I taught to give me kisses when asked... so sweet - he is snuggling with me a lot lately!  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, May 20 2014 6:10 PM | Locked

Thea Abby is beautiful.  I just love German Shepherds.  Such great dogs.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 115
Points 1,970
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, May 21 2014 12:10 AM | Locked

Thea, so sorry about your losses. I lost my daisy last fall to a lit and run accident. I still miss her.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 468
Points 9,130
Pat A replied on Wed, May 21 2014 7:05 AM | Locked

Thea

So sorry for you and your Mom's loss.  It is so difficult to lose a beloved friend.  I've lost so many over the years that I know exactly what you are experiencing.  Heart goes out to you.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 802
Points 12,980
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, May 21 2014 3:16 PM | Locked

I'm not having a good day.  First my FM was really bothering me this morning could hardly get out of bed.  When I finally did I sewed my daughters quilt first row on backwards.  During my seam ripping both dogs had a diarrhea attack all over my sewing room carpet.  In the process of almost vomiting while cleaning up the mess my glasses fell off and broke.  Grrrr..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, May 21 2014 3:31 PM | Locked

Thea, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of not one, but two of your pets. My thoughts are with you.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, May 21 2014 3:42 PM | Locked

After nearly three years of chaos here in branson, things are finally starting to look up.  We aren't out of the woods yet, but.......

the GM that embezzeled from the hotel waived the jury ( this was the fourth jury seated for this trial) and pled guilty.  He has to pay restitution ( we'll need a lot of good luck collecting) he has a supervised probation and he is now a class B felon, no guns, no voting.  I am disappointed there was no jail time but I understand there is more need for emphasis on violent crimes.   W e are walking on air, now he can't come back and sue us civilly.  The judge forfeited his bail to us on top of the restitution,  the defendant was not happy about that, but we were. It'll probably be the only money we see.  Live and learn.  Sam has done a great job of making sure the hotel doesn't go under, this will be a great help making sure it continues to do well.  Now, I need to keep Sam well, he'll be sleeping better, that's for sure.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Wed, May 21 2014 4:00 PM | Locked

Sam is so funny. We arrived at a restaurant at the same time as another couple, unknown to us.  The hostess asked if we were a party of four.  The other gentleman said," we could be".  Sam stuck his hand out and introduced us, then said, " we  would love to join you".    So we had a delightful lunch with two former strangers.  They invited us down for tea and dessert the next time we're here.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 17,665
weezee56 replied on Wed, May 21 2014 5:05 PM | Locked

Gini, That is such a nice story on how to meet new people. I glad it worked out so nice.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Wed, May 21 2014 7:31 PM | Locked

Seems that something happened and I can now sign in and keep in touch.  Congratulations to you and Sam.  Glad to see things are starting to look up.  It's nice to meet new people and have a nice interaction with  dinner mates.   I always say that strangers are nothing more than friends you haven't met yet.

Diana in East Tn. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,723
Points 121,500
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Wed, May 21 2014 8:03 PM | Locked

Good to see you here Diana.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Wed, May 21 2014 8:18 PM | Locked

Wow Gini, that is awesome that the trial turned out the way it did.  Now both Sam and you can relax a little.  Nice way to meet new friends also when you went out to eat.  Take care while walking on air.   LOL    Ginny

Page 238 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 236 237 238 239 240 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use