Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 235 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 233 234 235 236 237 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,185
ls2116 replied on Mon, May 12 2014 9:43 PM | Locked

Went to see Celtic Women with DD and her MIL had fabulous seats and a very memorable time!  It was like taking a vacation you always dream about and keep having to put it off.

If you can believe today I went to the same sewing shop 3 X that I bought my cabinet from and 2 inserts later I'm still without a insert my cabinet must not have been made to spec it just seems weird first i gave them the measurement then it was made too big next one was made too small.  Any one read the three bears well i'm hoping the next one fits just right.

On moving I'm back to thinking there is no place like home but it sure would be nice to have more space.  Still planting plants.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Tue, May 13 2014 7:33 AM | Locked

Glad that you enjoyed the Celtic woman show with your DD and her MIL.   So sorry that you are having trouble getting a good fit for your sewing cabinet insert.  I am glad that I didn't have any problem with mine when I bought way back when.  I just had to tell them what machine I had and waa-la a perfect fit.  Now I have a new machine and of course the insert doesn't work for that one, but the surface of the machine is so large that I can sew very comfortably without it,  Hope you get an insert that fits this time.

Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,070
Points 16,400
weezee56 replied on Tue, May 13 2014 11:51 AM | Locked

CC did you also get a piece of your Mothers day cake?

Is, I hope three times will be the charm for your cabinet insert.

DS took me out to dinner for Mothers day, DD1 and DD2 had to work. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 13 2014 12:40 PM | Locked

Yes Weezee, I did get some cake. In Fact I managed to get 2 pieces, but it took a bit of running to do it. This crew is rather like a swarm of locusts. LOL

I am hoping to get more stitched on the quilt binding today before I have to go to town. 'Seems like I am forever behind on chores and getting a minute to stitch is a challenge. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,795
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Tue, May 13 2014 4:34 PM | Locked

Cake sounds yummy right now.  I'm starving.  Just finished my son-in-laws first Fathers Day Quilt.  I like how it came out but I had problems with the border and binding corners.  I ran short.  I pieced it together. Gives it character right.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, May 14 2014 7:21 AM | Locked

Mamag Nice quilt.  Bet your SIL loves it!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 273
Points 4,465
SpringerMom replied on Wed, May 14 2014 9:51 AM | Locked

Does anyone know Diane, the lady who posted a "Selfie" in the Gallery? There  was no message posted with the photo. Kind of puzzling because there have been no comments posted either. Just wondering.   

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,795
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, May 14 2014 12:01 PM | Locked

Nope don't know Diane.  Maybe she was trying to load a profile picture?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 273
Points 4,465
SpringerMom replied on Wed, May 14 2014 12:12 PM | Locked

Thought of that too, Mamag. But she did label the photo "Selfie" so seems it was what she intended to post. She looks a bit sad or something. I thought some of the longer members might comment back to her. Was just wondering about her. 

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, May 14 2014 12:26 PM | Locked

It's a rainy day here.  Been pouring down, stops for a little bit and then starts up again.  It seems like it has been raining since Friday.  Well, it has been raining since Friday butnot as much as it has been today.  the ground is saturated.  The good part is I can catch up indoor tasks.  I started cleaning out my closet, getting a bunch of stuff together for GoodWill.  I can't believe some of the things I found I had forgotten I had.  Most too small or will never wear.  Since I retired I don't need as many clothes as I did when I was working and I've gained weight so can't wear anyway.   I'm about halfway finished.  I need to make a list of what I send to GW so I can take the tax break.  After I do that I'm going to hit my sewing room and sew several more rows together on my Orion Star quilt.  Have 4 rows sewn together so halfway finished.  WooHoo!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,687
Thea replied on Wed, May 14 2014 1:03 PM | Locked

Pat - hold off on sending all those clothes to GW especially if there is something you really like.  After I was first diagnosed with RA and OA and the rest - they had me on a drug cocktail that didn't do much for my pain but did add 1.5 lbs a month to my weight.  Drove me nuts that I was gaining but my eating habits had not changed.  I was even exercising more at that time... (can't do the exercise anymore) but I have been off that drug cocktail for about 5 years now and after 2 years I started losing that 1.5 lbs a month... So far I have lost 50 lbs... I seem to get on a plateau and no matter how I try I can't make that next goal of the next 10 lbs on the scale but then all of a sudden it goes too... I know the weight was from the drugs and it took forever for my metabolism to deal with it once they were gone - BUT... my whole point is I am back in those favorite clothes... I am going to send to GW all the big clothes as I do not plan on needing them anytime soon.  My style never changes so i don't worry about being stylish...teehee... but there were clothes that I really missed and kept looking at them in the closet and then one day pulled one of the dresses out to see if I could wear it to church and it was actually big on me - I was so so happy...

I am off shortly to my neurologist appointment for my latest EMG - maybe they will find why my legs have hurt so much for over 15 years - the doctor thinks he has it figured out - but my question is  I have been complaining about my legs for 15+ years and although one time they sent me to a podiatrist who couldn't figure it out - other then that I don't even think they ever wrote it down till now... So I am hopeful that we will have some answers today and a solution so I can get this pain under control too - the neck is bearable and hoping that they can do that for my legs too... Doc thinks it is L3/L4 or the nerves in that area - we shall soo see - I am hopeful if nothing else.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 743
Points 11,795
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, May 14 2014 1:40 PM | Locked

Oh.  I don't take good selfies, I look like a deer in headlights.  Hopefully Diane is okay.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 18,400
erindipity replied on Wed, May 14 2014 2:28 PM | Locked

I think she is active in the crazy quilt group.   Maybe she was trying to upload a profile pic? I don't know, just a thought.

SpringerMom:

Does anyone know Diane, the lady who posted a "Selfie" in the Gallery? There  was no message posted with the photo. Kind of puzzling because there have been no comments posted either. Just wondering.   

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 9,105
Pat A replied on Wed, May 14 2014 3:04 PM | Locked

Thea, Oh how I wish I could drop at least 20 lbs.  Every time I go see the doc (about every 6 mo.) my weight seems to have crept up another 2-3 lbs.  First I was a  size 12, then a size 14 (which sent me into a hissy fit) and now probably a 16.   I have got some of my favorite slacks (all size 12) in the pile.  I don't know if I'll ever see that again!.  A lot of my favorites are my wool suits which I can't get into anymore and silk blouses.   Hate to part with those.  I just decided that since I plan on selling this house and downsizing to a smaller house, I needed to get rid of "stuff"   So it is easier to start with the closets.    Have already cleaned out 1 closet and taken 2 large bags full of clothes to GW.   Maybe I should just treat myself to some new clothes since I haven't bought anything in a longggggg time.   LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Wed, May 14 2014 3:49 PM | Locked

Girls, I went on a hunt for Diane and found such treasures!  She belongs to the Crazy Art Quilter's Group.  Go there you won't be sorry.  BTW Diane has been a member since 2009!  I don't belong to that group so I didn't know who she was but I certainly do now.  Amazing art!

Millbury, MA

Page 235 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 233 234 235 236 237 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use