Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 234 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 232 233 234 235 236 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sat, May 10 2014 10:21 PM | Locked

Roxanna - Love the Christmas stockings!

CC - Can't believe Sprout is 2 years old already! Any current pictures? I haven't been able to get on QCA for so long that I almost fainted when I got on here tonight.

Karla, Elaine, Marie, Angele, Bonita - Hi and Hugs. It's been a long time my friends.

Indy is still with me. In March we celebrated 2 years together. He is learning some service dog duties. Now that he's almost 4 years old, he's beginning to grow up. I had pneumonia this past winter, and he had to learn to take himself outside and stay in the backyard. He only went out of the yard once and that was to the neighbor's to eat the bread they put out for the birds.  They laughed and brought him home. And asked if I wasn't feeding him while I was sick. Yeah, right! He's getting a bit chunky. I have my cell phone set to ring at meal times, snack times and med times. I found a ringtone that he responds to. Now when he hears it, he comes to get me and then I know looking at the time what needs to be done and Indy knows he gets a treat. Wonder why he's chunky? I also frequently fall asleep at the computer and several times he has awaken me before I fell out of the chair. He got the service badge from the trainer, but not papers. The vet said she will get papers for me because we may be traveling later this year. When I get his backpack out, he gets so excited because he knows he has to go to work. He takes it very seriously. He has really come a long way in 2 years.

It's getting late.  Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sat, May 10 2014 10:29 PM | Locked

Linda, so good to hear from you.  Sorry you have had a difficult winter.  And it's good to see friends coming back to QCA.  Hope you will post more often.  And I hope you will stay in good health and make many beautiful quilty things to show us.  Welcome back! 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, May 10 2014 10:33 PM | Locked

Welcome back. Linda.  it's really nice to see old friends back online here.  I like QATW also, but I'm always too late here on the West Coast to catch anyone in the chat room and with babysitting the granddaughter, I seldom get a chance to get on during the day.  I sure hope everyone comes back, I miss everyone terribly.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sat, May 10 2014 11:05 PM | Locked

I rarely get on QATW. The past 2 evenings I was on chat for the first time in months. I don't especially care for the format. I have 2 other sites I really like a lot. One has a fibro support group and the other has a UFO group but somehow we ended up doing a row robin and still trying to knock out the UFOs. I quit FB altogether....long story but involves fraud and scams. I've had my share of that since Christmas and still trying to get back on my feet financially.

I have to call my honey. Have to stay up to 1:00 am to say good night and he can say good morning. He's on an overseas assignment but will be home in 4-1/2 weeks and then he's retired. Yea!!! Oh yeah! You don't know about John. More later!

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,571
Points 51,620
Ginny replied on Sun, May 11 2014 6:43 AM | Locked

Linda,  Good to see you back here.  Gee, if I had known you were on chat on QATW, I would have wandered in there.  I was on that site for the first time in quite a while, just looking around, but I didn't get on chat.   I don't care for the format on there either.  Just doesn't seem as friendly.   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sun, May 11 2014 8:22 AM | Locked

Ginny, That's why I stuck to the other 2 sites because they are friendly. But there is just something about the family here. I swore I wouldn't come back but here I am. The first time I start to have problems logging on however, I'm out of here. The only thing I liked about QATW is the chat line. But here it's so easy to get involved in so many groups.

Have you and Sheila decided when we are going to have our sewing weekend? I'm so excited. John is so understanding I think we could even do one if he was home. He doesn't want to interfere with the things I like to do. But he has to find something to do with his time.  He's never had time for hobbies.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 693
Points 13,210
Michelle replied on Sun, May 11 2014 8:40 AM | Locked

Mamags, 

i have the Avante HQ 18 and love it. Have had for about 3 years, not the computerized, I wanted to force myself to learn free motion with no help. Love it!  It's so easy, tension is set and automatic so no issues. The only ting mine really likes is, she has gotten picky on her thread. Once I started using Aurafill, that's all she wants now. The tension on both top and bottom are perfect. I have tried a few other threads but they leave a lot of lent and I think she doesn't like that. I do pure free motion. Have been praying my feathers lately and they are starting to get really a lot better. She has one spot that u oil one drop per quilt and I make sure I wipe the tracks down of any dust so it travels smooth on the tracks. No other maintence and she really just sews all the time. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Sun, May 11 2014 8:55 AM | Locked

Thank you Mimi and Karla. Good to be back. I just have to remember I can't spend a lot of time on the computer so I can sew! One of my falls was caused by a tia and one of the side affects is that my left eye has gotten worse. I can't look at the computer screen too long or there are more than one screen and both very blurry. I've also lost my peripheral vision so I run into things a lot. my bruised arms and legs are proof of that.

I ripped out all the carpeting in the house and had laminate flooring put in. Helps me keep my balance better. And if I'd known it would have house broke Indy so quickly, I would have ripped it out 2 years ago. Couldn't have saved myself a lot of carpet cleaning.

Right now I'm in a row robin group. Thought I'd really like it after doing so many round robins. I think I've decided I like round robins much better. You wouldn't think row robins would be hard, but they are very difficult. But it also depends on the originator's plan. The one I'm doing now had to depict who I am. On the 4th block and have to come up with 5 more. Some of them have a pattern going and you just have to do the next row. Some include the fabric they want used and other just said use your scraps. I told everyone to use scraps, but I know some bought fabric.

I was doing a block of the month with a group but had to drop out. It was too much. But I did get 2 beautiful blocks that I framed for my Civil War decorated computer room.

I'm just finishing up a quilt for John's homecoming. I always sing the refrain from You Are My Sunshine. And I found fabric that has You Are My Sunshine on it. It also has a bunch of children on it. Oh well. He asked if he ever will get a quilt. So I hope he just looks at the words and not the children. He'll get a grown up quilt too. I'm also working on a Beatles quilt for my sister-in-law Susan. I keep playing with the design up on the wall. I just made blocks and now I'm trying to put a design together. I have plenty of fabric to play with.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, May 11 2014 10:56 AM | Locked

Linda, so nice to have you back and well.  Sounds like Indy is working out nicely.  (((((HUGS)))) back to you my friend!

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 821
Points 13,475
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Sun, May 11 2014 5:02 PM | Locked

Thats great Michelle.  I can't wait till I can afford one.  My husband is better at it than I am because of my arthritis.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sun, May 11 2014 7:28 PM | Locked

My DD's took me to a Mother's Day Breakfast this morning.  I received a $50 gift card to the LQS and a yard ornament with 3 owls, depicting me and the two girls.

Then they came over because I gave my daughter with the new house my reclining love seat and other recliner for her living room.  They weren't the greatest pieces of furniture but were better than what she had.  We bought new recliners that are to be delivered tomorrow, so tonight we are sitting in lawn chairs if we want to watch TV.   I don't watch TV very often, most of my time spent in front of a sewing machine or the computer.

We also moved two loads of boxes she had packed over to the new house, and a third load with the lawnmower, some book cases and an end table, along with bags of clothes that she may or may not keep.  The big move is next Saturday and I'm not looking forward to that.  My DH is like a drill sergeant and everything has to be his way or the highway.  I'm about ready to take the highway on this one, LOL.

Needless to say, no sewing was accomplished today, but if I can get up a little energy I may get this week's LUS assignment done tonight, only have one more block to finish this current assignment.  But alas, it has "Y" seams and I'm not sure I'm up to them tonight as I have a headache and my back hurts from carrying boxes.  Oh well, tomorrow it is back to babysitting the little one and on Wedneday it is all day in Reno for VA appts for DH and lab work for me.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,030
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, May 11 2014 11:01 PM | Locked

I'm so glad to see you posting again, Linda. So sorry you had a difficult winter. I hope you continue to stay healthy. And I'm dying to hear more about John. Don't keep us in suspense too long!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 118
Points 2,030
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, May 11 2014 11:08 PM | Locked

I spent the afternoon with my daughter and family watching Sam play baseball. It's third grade, so was not expecting too much, but it was fun. And his team won 20 to9. they are undefeated. But it was very warm and extremely windy. Gd and SIL bought me a bouquet of flowers. He's a good SIL. And Katelyn is a sweet GD. She will be 12 tomorrow, so I'm spending the night so we can celebrate. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, May 12 2014 1:39 PM | Locked

I spent Mother's day at work... Bossguys thought about buying me flowers but forgot before the day was over. (I heard them discussing it)

Before I left I instructed the kids to clean the kitchen and do their laundry. I came home to a load in the washer and a load in the drier (both waiting for my attention), and the kitchen buried under the debris left-over from their efforts to bake me a cake,. There was no evidence that they had cleaned it before adding to the mess.                 It was a very yummy cake.... They told me so. LOL

Hope to get some more of the binding stitched on DD's  quilt today. I need a little down time. 

I ordered her boyfriend's graduation gift today. Hope it gets here in time.  I got a BOGO deal so made it super easy to get DH's birthday gift too. Happy Me!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Mon, May 12 2014 7:49 PM | Locked

Linda it's so nice to see you getting back in the quilting mode. You are very busy. Your service dog sounds very smart.  It is so nice to see all the sewing you are doing. Right now I am hoping to see the sun a bit more. Lately you see the sun one day, and clouds for five. I need this reversed. It is hard to keep upbeat when the clouds are pressing down so often.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 234 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 232 233 234 235 236 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use