Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 231 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Mon, May 5 2014 2:48 PM | Locked

Cute little boys quilt, Susie.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,240
weezee56 replied on Mon, May 5 2014 6:53 PM | Locked

Susie thank you. I might try this pattern myself.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,931
Points 33,605
Roxana replied on Mon, May 5 2014 9:09 PM | Locked

Susie, love the baseball quilt and the way you used the focal fabric. I may have to try that with my golf collection! DH keeps wondering when that golf fabric I keep collecting is going to make its way to my sewing machine! Thanks for the pattern.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 6 2014 2:39 PM | Locked

Boy, I hear ya Karla. Sprout has been unco-operative today, too. I finally got him to take and early nap after he spent the morning switching between making messes and throwing screaming fits. As soon as he was down I dashed to my machine and started quilting like crazy, only to discover that he'd turned my tension dial all the way down and I had to re-do everything I'd accomplished!  *SCREAM* Thankfully, but the time he woke up from his nap, his daddy was awake and able to keep him out of my way for a little bit while I finished quilting DD's star.  Yup...It's done. Now I can move on to the binding!  Whoo-hoo. Happy me!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, May 6 2014 3:41 PM | Locked

Thankful to not have babies or grandbabies. I am too old and have no patience. 

Almost fell again today going down the porch steps. Herding two Yorkies on leashes can be tricky. Just had an xray this a.m. to see if there is a hairline fracture of my left hip from the fall two weeks ago. Tomorrow is the scope to see if my surg has come undone. I told DH that I believe that is a song. Wonder should I sing to the anesthesiaologist? Maybe not.

I am the membership chairman at a new quilt guold that formed a coyple months ago. We have a show and tell every month. Are seeing some beautiful quilts. We had a program on maku ng a double wedding ring quilt. She is doing a beautiful job but I stayed confused through the whole demonstration.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Tue, May 6 2014 4:05 PM | Locked

Gosh Sukochi, who told you that you were too old to have grandbabies?  No one told me that, and no one told my 3 granddaughters either, who have blessed me with a total of 9 great grands.  I watch the youngest one every day right now.  He is the one who was born 2 months early and will be 3 months old on the 10th.  He is a handful right now.  but so loving and cuddly.  Now when they get older, that might be a different story.  Can't really keep up with the older ones any more.   So in retrospect, maybe you are smart to just have puppies.  LOL    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Tue, May 6 2014 4:56 PM | Locked

CC--I gave up machine sewing entirely when DS#2 was about 2. By that time we owned our own business so my time was in demand at work. Then trying to sew with him around was clearly a hazard to my health. I gave up sewing as such Kept the machine for mending only until he was in grade 12 and I took a quilting class. He is now my biggest advocate to keep quilting. When grandson hit the scene, it was like my terror was back. It wasn't his son but nephew yet I often called them by the wrong name after that. It was like #2 had a twin. Thank goodness I didn't have the two at the same time or I would have committed myself.

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, May 6 2014 6:01 PM | Locked

There is absolutely no way I could sew if Logan is around, it's hard enough with the baby here, especially since she is  teething and has not been in the best of moods...doesn't want to nap and wants to be held all the time.  She did manage to take two short naps today, and I got 2 LUS blocks made.  They are definitely not perfect, but they are done.  I don't think I'm going to be able to look for perfection while I'm caring for the baby...too much jumping up and down and losing my concentration, which isn't really good to begin with.

At least I've got dinner in the crock pot, so when Mom gets here and leaves with her, I'll be able to serve dinner and get back to sewing.  Sometimes (almost every night), though, DD1 decides to stay and visit for an hour or so, meaning she's not out of here until almost 7 pm.  If I say something, DH will scream at me for being so rude, but I actually think it is rude to keep me occupied longer than I need to be.  Oh well, must keep peace in the family I guess.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, May 6 2014 8:11 PM | Locked

Ironic that your DD is probably hanging around and visiting just to be polite...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, May 7 2014 12:42 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Ironic that your DD is probably hanging around and visiting just to be polite...

She probably is, but she complains about not having time to do the things she needs to get done and care for the baby at the same time, but I think she doesn't want to cook dinner and if her DH gets home before she does, then he will make dinner or pick it up from one of our local restaurants.  I'm not afraid to admit that this particular daughter is lazy.  My younger daughter is a real go getter, works 6 days/week, 10 hours/day and takes care of 3 kids...one who is a toddler, but she doesn't cook.  Her significant other does all of the cooking and takes care of the baby during the day as he doesn't have a job.  He also does laundry and cleans house, as he should, and never asks for a thing for himself.  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Wed, May 7 2014 3:48 PM | Locked

Tammi sorry for the loss of your loved one.  

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Wed, May 7 2014 4:00 PM | Locked

my family is going to roar with laughter when they see what i post on here today.  ok I've misplaced or lost a coach leather retractible tape measure and been turning my house upside down looking for it does anyone have one they don't use?

just getting all my garden plants ready for summer.  can't seem to find the perfect house for family even though were still looking.  the chores of summer but how i enjoy the weather that is if we ever get over 70 degrees i'll cheer.  

My wheel quilt is in a heap waiting for my next bout of creativity lately its just been non existent.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
Points 2,155
Elaine Phillips replied on Wed, May 7 2014 5:38 PM | Locked

Love your quilt, Susie. I've made several quilts similar to this for quilts for kids. Very quick.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, May 7 2014 11:24 PM | Locked

DD1 took the day off today so I didn't have the baby.  DD2 closed on her new house, glad the payments will be hers and not mine, but am jealous of the space she has...almost twice the size of my house, but glad I don't have to clean it, especially since it is a two-story and stairs and I don't do well.

I actually was able to go to the LQS and help make QOV blocks for a few hours.  Felt good to get out and among quilters for awhile.  Before I got there, I was able to make 2 LUS blocks.

I think tomorrow we are going to go into Reno and look for some new furniture.  DH's recliner has bit the dust, and to him that's almost as bad as if the remote were lost or the TV quit, LOL.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,153
Points 14,965
Dawn replied on Thu, May 8 2014 9:42 AM | Locked

I worked in my sewing room, got some stuff organized and cleaned up.  Still a long way to go, but it will be great when I am done, I think . . . I am almost overwhelmed with all the stuff, but today I worked on the plastic bins and went thru those and got them put away.  I know it isn't good to store fabric in plastic, but when you have a mouse problem, it is my only option.  DH swears he has gotten the house all sealed up, we shall see.    Also started a box of fabric I am going to donate to a lovely 93 yr. old quilter.    She is super sweet!  

Well, done w/that project, as I have been having horrible allergies and a sinus issue, so can't be in the basement for too long, at least not till I get it all cleaned up.

Everyone have the best weekend & Mother's Day!!!

Page 231 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use