Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 230 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 228 229 230 231 232 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sun, May 4 2014 8:32 PM | Locked

Never fear , Roxanna, Mothers Day is coming. LOL

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, May 4 2014 8:50 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Home to sleep in my own bed tonight. DD and SIL went to Orlando for a long weekend. They left Thursday night and came back around 7 tonight. The weekend was a busy one for the GKs, GD #1 had ballet class on Fri, pictures and dress rehearsal for her recital Sat morning. Her class is Cinderrella. Birthday party at Chucky Cheese, I gottta tell you that's a wild and crazy place. Sunday girl scout meeting lasted over two hours. I am one pooped Grandma!!

Boy, do I know that feeling Bonita.  I always thought they said that grandkids keep you young; however, after chasing around and after mine all day I feel much older than my years, LOL.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Points 4,525
SpringerMom replied on Sun, May 4 2014 9:21 PM | Locked

OOPS!!! lol. That is funny MG! I guess we get so used to shopping at quilt fabric shops we forget that some do sell other things! Make yourself a pretty scarf with it!  :)

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Sun, May 4 2014 9:52 PM | Locked

What I was up to yesterday is a matter of perspective.  Went to a wonderful quilt shop in Des Moines Washington and found a huge bunch of wonderful things.  I had a wonderful day.  From sam's perspective, dang I have an expensive wife, now I have to work longer, because we have to put a second mortgage on the house.     :  ).   What's a girl to do but shop when she has 4 hours to kill?

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 8:31 AM | Locked

Bonita:

Home to sleep in my own bed tonight. DD and SIL went to Orlando for a long weekend. They left Thursday night and came back around 7 tonight. The weekend was a busy one for the GKs, GD #1 had ballet class on Fri, pictures and dress rehearsal for her recital Sat morning. Her class is Cinderrella. Birthday party at Chucky Cheese, I gottta tell you that's a wild and crazy place. Sunday girl scout meeting lasted over two hours. I am one pooped Grandma!!

Bonita, I need a nap after reading your post.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 8:35 AM | Locked

gini:
What's a girl to do but shop when she has 4 hours to kill?

You got that right, Ginny!  Poor Sam, emphases on the "poor".  LOL

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 8:50 AM | Locked

DD got invited to a baby shower and would like to give the gal a quilt (of course, right?)  It's for a  girl, but I didn't have enough fabric that she liked to pull one together for her.  So, when I hit Joann's for some much needed fabric and to finish off this swap, I grabbed 5 yards of fabric.  I have a favorite go-to pattern that requires 5 different fabrics in 1 yard cuts.  It's all cut out, 1/2 the squares are complete, and the other half are 1/2 done.  WOOHOO!  I'll have to post pictures once I have it pulled together.

It's month end at work though....ugh!  And I feel like I'm so very far behind!!!  Better get my tookus in gear so I can get through it.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Mon, May 5 2014 9:09 AM | Locked

Wow Susie what a fab Mum you are!

Can one of you help? We were discussing Baby showers the other day and as they are relatively "new" in UK we wondered if you give a gift when the baby is born too or is buying a gift for the baby shower the done thing?

Thanks in anticipation as I know I can rely on you to help an uninformed "Brit" out.

P.S Is it any easy pattern Susie as I have offered to make a baby quilt for a friend and not sure where to start?

xx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 190
Points 3,240
hhhdmh replied on Mon, May 5 2014 9:18 AM | Locked

Hi Leslie, Just a shower gift is all. 

God Bless

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 9:35 AM | Locked

Lesley:

Can one of you help? We were discussing Baby showers the other day and as they are relatively "new" in UK we wondered if you give a gift when the baby is born too or is buying a gift for the baby shower the done thing?

Thanks in anticipation as I know I can rely on you to help an uninformed "Brit" out.

P.S Is it any easy pattern Susie as I have offered to make a baby quilt for a friend and not sure where to start?

xx

Lesley--a couple of things about baby showers and baby gifts.  If you are family and go to visit baby & mom in the hospital, then it's generally a good idea to give a gift at both.  The hospital gift can be something small--stuffed animal, booties, onsies, sleepers, etc.  But if you aren't visiting in the hospital, then generally just a gift at the shower.

The quilt I use is a simple one to do.  It's my go-to all the time.  It's simple and quick.  Here is a picture of one that I did recently (not quite finished) with the pattern.  You can make it bigger by adding strips between the rows, or additional borders, or more squares.  The pattern as I make it creates an almost twin size.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 95
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Mon, May 5 2014 10:01 AM | Locked

Susie you are a star thank you so much

Love the quilt

xx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,082
Points 16,580
weezee56 replied on Mon, May 5 2014 10:07 AM | Locked

Susie Love you baseball quilt. Is the pattern easy?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 10:58 AM | Locked

weezee56:

Susie Love you baseball quilt. Is the pattern easy?

It's very easy.  There are 2 different blocks.  The large block is 6.5" main fabric, 2 6.5x1.5" strips and 2 8.5x1.5" strips for the frame.

The second block is 3.5" center.  Then cut 2 strips at 1.5" and 2 strips at 4.5".  Stitch the 2 strips of the same size together (different fabrics).  Press them open and cut them at 3".  Stitch the 1.5x3" to the center...opposite sides and directions.  Press towards the center.  Stitch the 4.5" blocks to it...matching the outer pieces.  BE CAREFUL!  If you don't get the opposing sides of the center to be opposing, then your 4.5" pieces will be wonky.

I don't know the instructions for the border off the top of my head.  But this pattern works really well for a main focus fabric that you can fussy cut or straight cut.  It stitches up really fast because you can chain piece it.  Keep your seam allowance consistent at 1/4" and you won't have any trouble.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Mon, May 5 2014 11:27 AM | Locked

Love your baseball quilt, Susie!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Mon, May 5 2014 2:04 PM | Locked

Love the baseball quilt!  

I'd like to say I've been productive, but alas, the baby is not cooperating.  I believe she might be beginning to teethe...and she is just not happy with anything.   She did take a 1-1/2 hour nap, and I managed to finish one LUS block.  Definitely not my best job as DH kept interrupting me to help him put up the exhaust fan over the stove.  It stopped working and he took it down to see if he could determine why as it is a new exhaust fan.  DD1 called and said she took off Wednesday and Thursday, so I will have 2 free days to try to catch up with some of this stuff, if DH doesn't come up with some projects.

Page 230 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 228 229 230 231 232 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use