Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #9

Page 227 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,650 Replies | 68 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 7:00 PM | Locked

Lesley it sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Glad you were able to log on to the site.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 835
Points 13,750
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 9:43 PM | Locked

No luck finding my phone weezee.  Have to go get a new one.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 30 2014 10:06 PM | Locked

Did you have insurance on it? Sorry you couldn't find it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,577
Points 246,557
Thea replied on Thu, May 1 2014 5:53 AM | Locked

Mamags - I am so sorry about your phone - I would look in the least likely place and there it will be... and if it isn't - know that it will show up when you get a new one!

It is cold in Minnesota - I miss the 80+ weather that Ok was supposed to be having but guess it was cold there too... I went shopping yesterday - found a quilt shop - teehee - was looking for a quilt shop to pick up some cottons to make a practice dress before I cut into the material for the wedding dress... drove around for about 4 hours total and pinched a nerve in my neck - so have to get my controller for my nerve stimulator out today and see if I can't get one of the other programs to take care of it... I also found a good sale this morning online for batiks - bought 2 different pieces one bright green and one bright red for putting together the snowman blocks for the MR Snowman quilt - I am not sure what I am going to do yet - but got the fabrics - thinking of maybe sashing with green and then red and putting snowflakes on them... I might haul out the embroidery machine and use it...teehee... we shall see - sent the material to OK so I didn't have it to haul back too.

I am going to start sewing the dresses today so hoping and praying that the pattern ends up being pretty easy as it has been years since I really sewed clothes... I did make Echo's dress for the re- wedding of her parents two years ago but it was a simple dress and no problem... pray for me.

I was at Walmart yesterday too and they had space heaters 50% off so bought one for the basement where I am sleeping and sewing right now - it is an icebox down there - this warmed it up last night so I didn't have to snuggle quite so much and worry about the blankets falling off as I toss during the night - DS says it is my hobbit hole - - but it is a place where I can get peace from the craziness here without hurting anyone's feelings that I just am unable to participate in family affairs 24/7... old and aching...:)  

I am determined to survive and really can't wait to move up here so I can have the kids over to my house and be WARM...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 1 2014 7:11 AM | Locked

Thea, watch what you wish for. Did no one tell you that Minn is a refrigerator?  You need to grow a tough outer layer!

We took in a Yorkie that the Vet said was prob a puppy mill dump. She is 12 years old, or there abouts. Poor little thing has tumors, some large, all over her belly. The vet said he could do biopsies but, at $175 each and her being an older dog what is the point. He said she is healthy good.strong heart, clear lungs, no heartworms. We had to have many of her teeth removed due to infection. She feels 100% better. Has a long tail! And, it is wagging nonstop. When she came to us she was so thin just bones and I am not kidding. Now she has gained almost three pounds! God sent her to us with the hope we could give her a happy home. So, we named her Hope! Lily still has her nose out of joint but she will get over it.

Started drinking protien shakes this a.m. think I am gonna die. Horrible intestinal cramping. Maybe I am meant to bem pudgy!

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 744
Points 14,375
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Thu, May 1 2014 8:32 AM | Locked

Sukochi,  How good of you to take care of Hope!  Isn't it amazing how those little furry creatures can always be happy no matter what they go through?  God bless you for caring for her.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,975
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, May 1 2014 8:56 AM | Locked

Sukochi, what a lovely thing for you to do. I am glad the vet said not to do the biopsy's.  Besides, if the biopsy's did show cancer, then what? Put that sweet little dog through the miseries of treatments just to keep her alive and breathing another few months? Give her a wonderful life and love for the time she has left. I applaud you.

I know I'm going to rattle some noses here. George and I love our pets like family. We have two dogs and a big old cat.  Our Corki is a special needs dog (and an extremely special little girl to us). We make homemade dog food, provide her with meds to keep her well and happy. At age 7, she's slowing down, her health gradually declining. The vet said the day will come, maybe soon, when she will need treatments to keep her extend her life additional months and  will not be pleasant for her. We've already discussed this and will not put her through that. She's brought immeasurable joy to our lives. It is our feeling that keeping her alive at any cost, watching her suffer, is more than we could handle. I don't know how we're going to face that day but I hope we are able to act with compassion for our sweet girl.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, May 1 2014 10:33 AM | Locked

I totally hear you, Judy. We put our beloved Sam down rather then have him cry in pain and hardly walk. They saidd he need new knees at the cost of $2500 for ONE! So we made the heartbreaking decisions.  About destroyed us but Dam was no longer in pain.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 835
Points 13,750
Mamagshouse Donna Gilliam replied on Thu, May 1 2014 11:15 AM | Locked

No insurance on it, it was old time for an upgrade.

So sorry about the sick puppies.

Tomorrow my fabric comes in yeah.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,577
Points 246,557
Thea replied on Thu, May 1 2014 12:45 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I am sorry about your puppies.  

Judy, I so understand what you are saying about your dog.  I just lost one of my twin kitties - he got sick because of the winter we had this year and ended up with kitty pneumonia - he fought and fought and it was so so sad to watch but he would rally one day and then be down the next - I wish I had had the guts to tell the vet to euthanize him but I kept praying - he died quietly.  I am so so sad about it - I am up here in MN and I miss him.  I miss all my fur babies.  it is so hard for me when one of them goes - it is just to me like losing a child... they do give me so my love and kindness and when I am sick they all come and lay with me and try to entertain me and make me feel better.  He lived for 12 years and 11 months.  It seems like yesterday that he and Tito were there as little twin kitties born from the same sack... 

\

This is Bear last summer playing outside in our backyard.  I will miss him terribly - he was an awesome friend to me!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,799
Points 122,975
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Thu, May 1 2014 1:39 PM | Locked

Pretty kitty, Thea. Now and then we leave our dogs with my daughter and we miss them. She jokes that I didn't have that much trouble leaving her and her brothers with her grandparents for several days. Well, yeah, that's true. :-)

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 744
Points 14,375
Carol from Pittsburgh replied on Thu, May 1 2014 2:32 PM | Locked

Judy, Sukochi, Thea, I believe we must let our pets go when life becomes a chore for them. It's only selfish of us to keep them with us when they suffer.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Thu, May 1 2014 3:25 PM | Locked

Our pets are our friend and loved ones, I miss my pets that have passed on. I think of them often.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 835
Points 13,750

My fabric came in but instead of sewing I moved the sewing room out of the pantry and sold the queen bedroom set and got two futons for when my twins come to visit.  I'm pooped and stinky from moving all the furniture. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Fri, May 2 2014 7:47 PM | Locked

Got the red & white heart blocks done in a quilt, double-sided even. Lap size.  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 110
Page 227 of 244 (3651 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use